About USC Gould
USC Gould is a top-ranked law school with a 115-year history and reputation for academic excellence. We are located on the beautiful 228-acre USC University Park Campus, just south of downtown Los Angeles.
Learn about our rigorous and interdisciplinary curriculum, our invaluable experiential learning opportunities, and the breadth and depth of our specialized areas of concentration and certificate offerings.
- Student Life
Participate in an unparalleled learning experience with diversity of people and thought. Get involved in the law school community and participate in activities that enhance your studies.
We work closely with students, graduates and employers to support successful career goals andoutcomes. Our overall placement rate is consistently strong, with 94 percent of our JD class employed within 10 months after graduation.
Our faculty is distinguished for its scholarship, as well as for its commitment to teaching. Our 12:1 student-to-faculty ratio creates an intimate and collegial learning environment.
- Alumni and Giving
Alumni and Giving
The global Trojan network of more than 10,000 law alumni and donors include recognized leaders in numerous fields who are deeply committed to supporting student and law school success.
Master of Studies in Law (MSL) Degree
- MASTER OF STUDIES IN LAW (MSL) DEGREE
- APPLICATION INSTRUCTIONS
- TUITION AND FINANCIAL AID
- CONTACT US
The online Master of Studies in Law (MSL) degree offers experienced and entry-level non-lawyer professionals an unparalleled education that helps you to understand complex legal matters. Through the MSL, you will gain legal skills and knowledge that can be applied directly to advance your career and serve your organization.
Top 10 reasons to pursue an MSL from USC Gould:
- Earn a master's degree from a fully accredited, elite, top-ranked law school
- 100 percent online — convenient
- Part-time and flexible — perfect for working professionals
- Complete in as few as three semesters
- Access Trojan Family network connections to more than 10,000 USC Gould alumni worldwide
- Create new career opportunities
- Scholarships are available and considered for all applicants
- Application fee waived (if you apply by the priority deadline)
- Admission decision within two to four weeks of application completion
- Three starts per year — fall, spring or summer
The online MSL is ideal for those who work in, or are seeking to enter, the fields of business, education, compliance, engineering, entertainment, health care, social work, law enforcement, human resources, government and patent agencies, as well as many other fields.
Even if you are not applying to our LLM degree, you must still create an LLM account through LSAC, as LSAC does not issue alternate accounts. After you create an LLM account, you will be able to select our MSL degree via the USC Gould online application.
Before You Start:
Please download our step-by-step instructions for completing your application to help you during the application process.
Other benefits of the online MSL include the following:
- Our unique, interactive, online learning platform is accessible anywhere you have an internet connection.
- You will engage in weekly live discussions facilitated by your professor.
- You will have a collaborative online classroom experience — with small classes that allow for greater student and faculty interaction.
- As an online student, you will engage deeply in your courses through interactive modules, message board participation, weekly assignments and virtual office hours.
- Our classes are flexible and convenient and can be completed at your own pace.
- Our team of experienced advisors will provide you with individualized guidance on course selection to meet your personal and career goals.