About USC Gould
USC Gould is a top-ranked law school with a 115-year history and reputation for academic excellence. We are located on the beautiful 228-acre USC University Park Campus, just south of downtown Los Angeles.
Learn about our rigorous and interdisciplinary curriculum, our invaluable experiential learning opportunities, and the breadth and depth of our specialized areas of concentration and certificate offerings.
- Student Life
Participate in an unparalleled learning experience with diversity of people and thought. Get involved in the law school community and participate in activities that enhance your studies.
We work closely with students, graduates and employers to support successful career goals and outcomes. Our overall placement rate is consistently strong, with 94 percent of our JD class employed within 10 months after graduation.
Our faculty is distinguished for its scholarship, as well as for its commitment to teaching. Our 12:1 student-to-faculty ratio creates an intimate and collegial learning environment.
- Alumni and Giving
Alumni and Giving
The global Trojan network of more than 10,000 law alumni and donors include recognized leaders in numerous fields who are deeply committed to supporting student and law school success.
- JD CAREER SERVICES
- + JD STUDENT CAREER SERVICES
- CAREER COUNSELING
- CAREER EVENTS AND RESOURCES
- EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITIES
- EMPLOYMENT STATISTICS
- FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
- ALUMNI SERVICES
- + CAREER INFORMATION FOR EMPLOYERS
- RECIPROCITY POLICY
- CONTACT US
Our career counselors are available to meet with alumni to discuss issues and provide services such as:
- Self-assessment/career exploration
- Career transitions
- Alternative careers
- Résumé and cover letters
- Job search strategy
- Interview preparation
- Mock interviews
- Decision-making and negotiation
The following resources also are available to alumni:
- Job postings: We offer online job listings for recent graduates and experienced alumni through Symplicity.
- Online resources: Job search handbooks, guides and employment listing services are accessible through USC Gould's myLaw Portal.
- Resources library: Housed in the Career Services Office, the library contains information on private firms, government agencies, public interest organizations, practice specialties, judicial clerkships and alternative careers.
- Reciprocity: If you are seeking a job outside of Southern California, USC Gould can assist you in requesting access to a career services office at another law school. Visit USC Gould's myLaw Portal or contact our office for more information.
Striving for Juvenile Justice
February 6, 2018
PCJP’s first juvenile LWOP resentencing client released from prison.
On the Movie Industry's Cutting Edge
January 26, 2018
Susan Kigawa (JD 1989) leverages her knowledge of entertainment and technology at The Walt Disney Studios
A Memorable 2017
December 20, 2017
With 2018 approaching, we look back at our exceptional year