About USC Gould
USC Gould is a top-ranked law school with a 115-year history and reputation for academic excellence. We are located on the beautiful 228-acre USC University Park Campus, just south of downtown Los Angeles.
Learn about our rigorous and interdisciplinary curriculum, our invaluable experiential learning opportunities, and the breadth and depth of our specialized areas of concentration and certificate offerings.
- Student Life
Participate in an unparalleled learning experience with diversity of people and thought. Get involved in the law school community and participate in activities that enhance your studies.
We work closely with students, graduates and employers to support successful career goals and outcomes. Our overall placement rate is consistently strong, with 94 percent of our JD class employed within 10 months after graduation.
Our faculty is distinguished for its scholarship, as well as for its commitment to teaching. Our 12:1 student-to-faculty ratio creates an intimate and collegial learning environment.
- Alumni and Giving
Alumni and Giving
The global Trojan network of more than 10,000 law alumni and donors include recognized leaders in numerous fields who are deeply committed to supporting student and law school success.
Working Paper Series
Center for Law and Social Science (CLASS)
- CENTER FOR LAW AND SOCIAL SCIENCE (CLASS)
- CLASS WORKSHOPS
- CLEO WORKSHOPS
- WORKING PAPER SERIES
- MAILING LIST
2007 CLEO Working Paper Series
- C07-1 Gillian K. Hadfield, Private Harmonization of Legal Regimes: The Role of Multi-jurisdictional Law Firms and the Diffusion of Legal Human Capital.
- C07-2 Richard A. Easterlin and Onnicha Sawangfa, Happiness and Domain Satisfaction: Theory and Evidence.
- C07-3 Gillian K. Hadfield, The Quality of Law: Judicial Incentives, Legal Human Capital and the Evolution of Law.
- C07-4 Daniel Klerman, Jurisdictional Competition and the Evolution of the Common Law.
- C07-5 Daniel Klerman and Paul G. Mahoney, Legal Origin?
- C07-6 Daria Roithmayr, Racial Cartels.
- C07-7 Richard A. Easterlin and Laura Angelescu, Modern Economic Growth and Quality of Life: Cross Sectional and Time Series Evidence.
- C07-8 Gillian K. Hadfield, The Levers of Legal Design: Institutional Determinants of the Quality of Law.
- C07-9 Ehud Kamar, Pinar Karaca-Mandic and Eric Talley, Sarbanes-Oxley's Effects on Small Firms: What is the Evidence?
- C07-10 Jonathan M. Barnett, Certification Drag: The Opinion Puzzle and Other Transactional Curiosities (forthcoming in33 J. of Corporation Law (2007)).
- C07-11 Elizabeth Garrett, Framework Legislation and Federalism (forthcoming in Notre Dame L. Rev.).
- C07-12 Edward McCaffery, Where's the Sex in Fiscal Sociology? Taxation and Gender in Comparative Perspective.
- C07-13 Ran Duchin, John G. Matsusaka, and Oguzhan Ozbas, When Are Outside Directors Effective?
- C07-14 Elizabeth Garrett and Mathew D. McCubbins, When Voters Make Laws: How Direct Democracy is Shaping American Cities.
A Memorable 2017
December 20, 2017
With 2018 approaching, we look back at our exceptional year
Ready for Whatever Comes His Way
December 18, 2017
Top music lawyer Jason Karlov (JD 1995) takes holistic approach representing iconic talent
Largest Named Scholarship Established by a Law Firm at USC Gould
December 15, 2017
Generous $500,000 gift honors Phillip R. Nicholson (JD 1961)