About USC Gould
USC Gould is a top-ranked law school with a 115-year history and reputation for academic excellence. We are located on the beautiful 228-acre USC University Park Campus, just south of downtown Los Angeles.
Learn about our rigorous and interdisciplinary curriculum, our invaluable experiential learning opportunities, and the breadth and depth of our specialized areas of concentration and certificate offerings.
- Student Life
Participate in an unparalleled learning experience with diversity of people and thought. Get involved in the law school community and participate in activities that enhance your studies.
We work closely with students, graduates and employers to support successful career goals and outcomes. Our overall placement rate is consistently strong, with 94 percent of our JD class employed within 10 months after graduation.
Our faculty is distinguished for its scholarship, as well as for its commitment to teaching. Our 12:1 student-to-faculty ratio creates an intimate and collegial learning environment.
- Alumni and Giving
Alumni and Giving
The global Trojan network of more than 10,000 law alumni and donors include recognized leaders in numerous fields who are deeply committed to supporting student and law school success.
Working Paper Series
Center for Law and Social Science (CLASS)
- CENTER FOR LAW AND SOCIAL SCIENCE (CLASS)
- CLASS WORKSHOPS
- CLEO WORKSHOPS
- WORKING PAPER SERIES
- MAILING LIST
2009 CLEO Working Paper Series
- C09-1 Richard A. Easterlin and Onnicha Sawangfa, Happiness and Economic Growth: Does the Cross Section Predict Time Trends? Evidence from Developing Countries (forthcoming in Diener, Helliwell and Kahneman (eds.) International Differences in Wellbeing (Oxford University Press)).
- C09-2 Camille Gear Rich, Marginal Whiteness.
- C09-3 Camille Gear Rich, What Dignity Demands: The Challenges of Creating Sexual Harassment Protections for Non-Workplace Settings.
- C09-4 Shmuel Leshem and Geoffrey P. Miller, All-or-Nothing versus Proportionate Damages.
- C09-5 Gillian K. Hadfield, Legal Barriers to Innovation (Regulation, Vol. 31, #3, Fall 2008).
- C09-6 Edward J. McCaffery, Behavioral Dimensions of Tax Reform.
- C09-7 Edward J. McCaffery and James R. Hines, Jr., The Last Best Hope for Progressivity in Tax.
- C09-8 Douglas G. Baird and Robert K. Rasmussen, Anti-Bankruptcy.
- C09-9 James C. Spindler, IPO Underpricing, Disclosure, and Litigation Risk.
- C09-10 Nina Walton, Gatekeepers and CEO Reputation.
- C09-11 James C. Spindler, How Private Is Private Equity, and at What Cost? (forthcoming, 76 Univ. of Chicago L. Rev. 309 (2009)).
- C09-12 Nuno Garoupa and Daniel Klerman, Corruption and Private Law Enforcement: Theory and History.
- C09-13 Gillian K. Hadfield, Higher Demand, Lower Supply? A Comparative Assessment of the Legal Resource Landscape for Ordinary Americans.
- C09-14 Gillian K. Hadfield, The Strategy of Methodology: The Virtues of Being Reductionist for Comparative Law (59 U. of Toronto L.J. 223 (2009)).
- C09-16 Edward J. McCaffery, Through the Looking Glass: The Politics of Estate Tax Reform (forthcoming in ACTEC Journal (2009)).
- C09-17 Gregory C. Keating, The Heroic Enterprise of the Asbestos Cases (37 Southwestern L. Rev. 623 (2008)).
- C09-18 Gregory C. Keating, Is Negligent Infliction of Emotional Distress A Freestanding Tort? (44 Wake Forest L. Rev. (forthcoming, Fall 2009)).
- C09-19 Jonathan M. Barnett, Is Intellectual Property Trivial? (157 U. of Pennsylvania L. Rev. (forthcoming 2009)).
- C09-20 James C. Spindler, Endogenous Compensation in a Firm with Disclosure and Moral Hazard.
- C09-21 Nina Walton, The Price of Admission: Who gets into private school, and how much do they pay?
A Memorable 2017
December 20, 2017
With 2018 approaching, we look back at our exceptional year
Ready for Whatever Comes His Way
December 18, 2017
Top music lawyer Jason Karlov (JD 1995) takes holistic approach representing iconic talent
Largest Named Scholarship Established by a Law Firm at USC Gould
December 15, 2017
Generous $500,000 gift honors Phillip R. Nicholson (JD 1961)