About USC Gould
USC Gould is a top-ranked law school with a 120-year history and reputation for academic excellence. We are located on the beautiful 228-acre USC University Park Campus, just south of downtown Los Angeles.
Learn about our interdisciplinary curriculum, experiential learning opportunities and specialized areas.
Student Quick Links:
USC Gould helps prepare you for a stellar legal career. You can pursue a JD degree, one of our numerous graduate and international offerings, or an online degree or certificate.
Participate in an unparalleled learning experience with diversity of people and thought. Get involved in the law school community and participate in activities that enhance your studies.
Student Quick Links:
We work closely with students, graduates and employers to support successful career goals and outcomes. Our overall placement rate is consistently strong, with 94 percent of our JD class employed within 10 months after graduation.
Our faculty is distinguished for its scholarship, as well as for its commitment to teaching. Our 12:1 student-to-faculty ratio creates an intimate and collegial learning environment.
- Alumni and Giving
Law School Events
USC Gould School of Law
- ABOUT USC GOULD
- A MESSAGE FROM THE DEAN
- + HISTORY OF USC GOULD
- LAW, RACE AND EQUITY
- + NEWS
- + EVENTS
- BOARD OF COUNCILORS
- CONSUMER INFORMATION (ABA REQUIRED DISCLOSURES)
- VISIT US
- SOCIAL MEDIA
- + CONTACT US
Health Law Panel
Mar 28, 2023 from 12:00 PM - 1:00 PM
- Karen Gauff - Los Angeles Superior Court judge since 2010, now leading teams of professionals using restorative and social justice models aiming to rehabilitate criminal defendants with trauma stemming from mental illness, drug addiction, chronic homelessness, sexual exploitation, Transitional-Aged Youth, and Veterans.
- Dr. Arlan Cohen - retired legal and medical professional, Dr. Cohen was a gastroenterologist and practiced plaintiff's law in California, focusing on HMO malpractice, wrongful death, personal injury.
- Dr. Ankit Shah - works as an inpatient pediatrician at the LAC+USC Medical Center and directs the social science curriculum at the USC Keck School of Medicine. At USC Gould, Dr. Shah teaches the courses “Health Law and Policy” and “Health Advocacy and Justice” and is the faculty advisor for the Health Law Society.
- Harsh Parikh - partner at Nixon Peabody whose practice areas include regulatory compliance, Medicare and Medicaid, healthcare dispute resolution. and privacy/security regarding health information.
Student Organization - Health Law Society
Primary: Edgar Preciado, secretary; email@example.com
Secondary: Bancy Makavana, president, firstname.lastname@example.org
Zoom Link (for those unable to attend in person) to be provided when flyer is designed/will be emailed in weekly SBA announcements
Food from City Tacos (burritos - steak, chicken, and vegetarian) will be provided
USC Gould Commencement Day 2023 - Ceremony Videos
May 12, 2023
Join the USC Gould School of Law in celebrating the accomplishments of the Class of 2023!
Katherine Sims JD ’23 to continue championing public service after graduation
May 11, 2023
Through the highly selective CA Attorney General Honors Program, Sims will be joining the CA Department of Justice
Rohan Garg JD ’23 to be Gould’s flag bearer for USC commencement ceremony
May 11, 2023
Garg is a DEI fellow and founder of the trial advocacy team at USC Gould