About USC Gould
USC Gould is a top-ranked law school with a 115-year history and reputation for academic excellence. We are located on the beautiful 228-acre USC University Park Campus, just south of downtown Los Angeles.
Learn about our rigorous and interdisciplinary curriculum, our invaluable experiential learning opportunities, and the breadth and depth of our specialized areas of concentration and certificate offerings.
Participate in an unparalleled learning experience with diversity of people and thought. Get involved in the law school community and participate in activities that enhance your studies.
We work closely with students, graduates and employers to support successful career goals and outcomes. Our overall placement rate is consistently strong, with 94 percent of our JD class employed within 10 months after graduation.
Our faculty is distinguished for its scholarship, as well as for its commitment to teaching. Our 12:1 student-to-faculty ratio creates an intimate and collegial learning environment.
- Alumni and Giving
Alumni and Giving
The global Trojan network of more than 10,000 law alumni and donors include recognized leaders in numerous fields who are deeply committed to supporting student and law school success.
- + AREAS OF CONCENTRATION
- ALTERNATIVE DISPUTE RESOLUTION
- BUSINESS LAW
- MEDIA, ENTERTAINMENT AND TECHNOLOGY LAW
- PUBLIC INTEREST LAW
- + EXPERIENTIAL LEARNING
- UNDERGRADUATE COURSES AND PROGRAMS
- CORPORATE AND CUSTOM EDUCATION
- + NON-DEGREE PROGRAMS
- ACADEMIC CALENDAR
- COURSE DESCRIPTIONS
- BAR ADMISSIONS
Business Organizations (Fall 2019)
- Course Number: LAW-603
- Class Number: 03225
- Instructor: Dorothy S. Lund
Welcome to Business Organizations! This is the introductory course in business law, and also provides a foundation for advanced business-law courses, such as Mergers and Acquisitions andSecurities Regulation. The goal of this course is to help you develop a basic understanding of the theory, doctrine, and practice of business law, and, ultimately, to help you further develop the analytical and professional skills to become a thoughtful practicing attorney.
By the end of this course, I hope you will be able to:
1. understand the vocabulary of business law cases and transactions;
2. read and analyze business law cases and statutes, and apply them to complex business fact patterns;
3. understand some of the central policy concerns in business law, and how business law policies may affect the economy and society; and
4. further develop your skills as a client counselor, particularly by practicing how to issue-spot in business situations and by understanding what motivates both your client and their business counterparties.
- Unit Value: 4
- Grading Options: Numerical or CR/D/F
- Schedule: M/W 2:00 pm - 3:50 pm
- Room Number: Room 7
- Exam: In-class exam
- Writing Requirement: No
- Skills/Experiential Unit Requirement: No
- Participation: Graded
Start the online application process.
Schedule a Tour
Come experience life at USC Gould.
Visit a Classroom
Sit in on a real class session.
Request More Information
Download or request a copy of our informative viewbook by postal mail.
Check Application Status
Check your application status online.
Meet your JD student ambassadors.
Admitted Students Portal
Log in to our admitted students portal.
Still have questions? Let us help.