About USC Gould
USC Gould is a top-ranked law school with a 120-year history and reputation for academic excellence. We are located on the beautiful 228-acre USC University Park Campus, just south of downtown Los Angeles.
Learn about our interdisciplinary curriculum, experiential learning opportunities and specialized areas.
Participate in an unparalleled learning experience with diversity of people and thought. Get involved in the law school community and participate in activities that enhance your studies.
We work closely with students, graduates and employers to support successful career goals and outcomes. Our overall placement rate is consistently strong, with 94 percent of our JD class employed within 10 months after graduation.
Our faculty is distinguished for its scholarship, as well as for its commitment to teaching. Our 12:1 student-to-faculty ratio creates an intimate and collegial learning environment.
- Alumni and Giving
Alumni and Giving
The global Trojan network of more than 10,000 law alumni and donors include recognized leaders in numerous fields who are deeply committed to supporting student and law school success.
Working Paper Series
Center for Law and Social Science (CLASS)
- CENTER FOR LAW AND SOCIAL SCIENCE (CLASS)
- CLASS WORKSHOPS
- CLEO WORKSHOPS
- WORKING PAPER SERIES
- MAILING LIST
2004 CLEO Working Paper Series
- C04-1 Jonathan Baron and Edward J. McCaffery, Masking Redistribution (or its Absence.
- C04-2 Stephen Choi, Should Issuers be on the Hook for Laddering? An Empirical Analysis of IPO Market Manipulation Litigation.
- C04-3 Aviad Heifetz, Ella Segev, and Eric Tally, Market Design with Endogenous Preferences.
- C04-4 Eric Talley and Gudrun Johnsen, Corporate Governance, Executive Compensation and Securities Litigation.
- C04-5 Gillian K. Hadfield, Contract Law is Not Enough: The Many Legal Institutions That Support Contractual Commitments.
- C04-6 Richard A. Easterlin, Diminishing Marginal Utility of Income (forthcoming in Social Indicators Research 2004).
- C04-7 Richard A. Easterlin, Explaining Happiness (Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences, 100:19, 11176-11183, copyright September 16, 2003, National Academy of Sciences, U.S.A.
- C04-8 Stephen J. Choi and G. Mitu Gulati, Innovation in Boilerplate Contracts: An Empirical Examination of Sovereign Bonds (forthcoming in Emory Law Journal (2004)).
- C04-9 Richard A. Easterlin, Feeding the Illusion of Growth and Happiness: A Reply to Hagerty and Veenhoven (forthcoming in Social Indicators Research 2004).
- C04-10 Edward J. McCaffery and Jonathan Baron, Thinking about Tax.
- C04-11 Stephen J. Choi, Do the Merits Matter Less After the Private Securities Litigation Reform Act?
- C04-12 Gillian K. Hadfield, Where have all the trials gone? Settlements, non-trial adjudications and statistical artifacts in the changing disposition of federal civil cases.
- C04-13 Gillian Hadfield and Eric Talley, On Public versus Private Provision of Corporate Law.
- C04-14 Edward J. McCaffery and Linda R. Cohen, Shakedown at Gucci Gulch: A Tale of Death, Money & Taxes.
- C04-15 Mehdi Farsi, Changes in Hospital Quality after Conversion in Ownership Status, 4 Int'l J. of Health Care Finance & Economics 211 (2004).
- C04-16 Timur Kuran, The Absence of the Corporation in Islamic Law: Origins and Persistence. (This version replaces an earlier paper entitled, "Why the Islamic Middle East Did not Generate an Indigenous Corporate Law.")
- C04-17 Surajeet Chakravarty and W. Bentley MacLeod, On the Efficiency of Standard Form Contracts: The Case of Construction.
- C04-18 John Romley and Eric Talley, Uncorporated Professionals.
- C04-19 Isabelle Brocas and Juan D. Carrillo, Biases in perceptions, beliefs and behavior.
- C04-20 Elizabeth Garrett, Conditions for Framework Legislation.
- C04-21 Jonathan Baron and Edward J. McCaffery, Starving the beast: The psychology of budget deficits.
- C04-22 Edward J. McCaffery and Joel Slemrod, Toward an Agenda for Behavioral Public Finance.
- C04-23 Abel Cadenillas, Sudipto Sarkar, and Fernando Zapatero, Optimal Dividend Policy with Mean-Reverting Cash Reservoir.
Continuum of Care
November 24, 2020
Boyd Rutherford, JD 1990, focuses on state health issues as Lieutenant Governor of Maryland
Paying it forward
November 24, 2020
Karine Akopchikyan, JD 2015, VP of Gould's Alumni Association, speaks to the importance of building and keeping relation...
University honors Gould faculty
November 24, 2020
Ron Garet receives Faculty Lifetime Achievement Award, while Tom Griffith and Pauline Aranas named emeriti faculty