About USC Gould
USC Gould is a top-ranked law school with a 120-year history and reputation for academic excellence. We are located on the beautiful 228-acre USC University Park Campus, just south of downtown Los Angeles.
Learn about our interdisciplinary curriculum, experiential learning opportunities and specialized areas.
Participate in an unparalleled learning experience with diversity of people and thought. Get involved in the law school community and participate in activities that enhance your studies.
We work closely with students, graduates and employers to support successful career goals and outcomes. Our overall placement rate is consistently strong, with 94 percent of our JD class employed within 10 months after graduation.
Our faculty is distinguished for its scholarship, as well as for its commitment to teaching. Our 12:1 student-to-faculty ratio creates an intimate and collegial learning environment.
- Alumni and Giving
Alumni and Giving
The global Trojan network of more than 10,000 law alumni and donors include recognized leaders in numerous fields who are deeply committed to supporting student and law school success.
Working Paper Series
Center for Law and Social Science (CLASS)
- CENTER FOR LAW AND SOCIAL SCIENCE (CLASS)
- CLASS WORKSHOPS
- CLEO WORKSHOPS
- WORKING PAPER SERIES
- MAILING LIST
2008 CLEO Working Paper Series
- C08-1 Gregory C. Keating, Personal Inviolability and "Private Law."
- C08-2 Mehmet Akbulut and John G. Matsusaka, 50+ Years of Diversification Announcements.
- C08-3 James C. Spindler, Vicarious Liability for Bad Corporate Governance: Are We Wrong About 10b-5?
- C08-4 Dan Simon, Daniel C. Krawczyk, Airom Bleicher, and Keith Holyoak, The Transience of Constructed Preferences (forthcoming in J. of Behavioral Decision Making (2008)).
- C08-5 George Lefcoe, Redevelopment Takings After Kelo: What's Blight Got to Do With It?
- C08-6 George Lefcoe, After Kelo, Curbing Opportunistic TIF-Driven Economic Development: Forgoing Ineffectual Blight Tests; Empowering Property Owners and School Districts.
- C08-7 Gillian K. Hadfield, Legal Barriers to Innovation: The Growing Economic Cost of Professional Control over Corporate Legal Markets.
- C08-8 Gillian K. Hadfield, Framing the Choice between Cash and the Courthouse: Experiences with the 9/11 Victim Compensation Fund. (Forthcoming in Law and Society Review)
- C08-9 Gillian K. Hadfield, The levers of legal design: Institutional determinants of the quality of law (in press Journal of Comparative Economics).
- C08-10 Dilan A. Esper and Gregory C. Keating, Putting "Duty" in its Place: A Reply to Professors Goldberg & Zipursky (41 Loyola of Los Angeles Law Rev., August 2008).
- C08-11 Oguzhan Ozbas, Berk Sensoy, Micah Officer, Club Deals in Leveraged Buyouts.
- C08-12 Edward McCaffery, A Consumed Income Tax: A Fair and Simple Plan for Tax Reform.
- C08-13 Edward McCaffery, Behavioral Public Finance.
- C08-14 Edward McCaffery, Comments on Liebman and Zeckhauser, Simple Humans, Complex Insurance, Subtle Subsidies.
- C08-15 Edward McCaffery, Ten Facts About Fundamental Tax Reform (Tax Notes, December 2003).
- C08-16 Elizabeth Garrett, Direct Democracy and Public Choice (forthcoming in The Elgar Handbook on Public law and Public Choice).
- C08-17 Jonathan M. Barnett, Gilles Grolleau, Sana El Harbi, The Fashion Lottery: Cooperative Innovation in Stochastic Markets.
- C08-18 Elizabeth Garrett, New Voices in Politics: Justice Marshall's Jurisprudence on Law and Politics (forthcoming in the Howard L.J.).
- C08-19 Daniel Klerman, The Emergence of English Commercial Law: Analysis Inspired by the Ottoman Experience.
- C08-20 Matthew L. Spitzer, Television Duopoly in Small markets and Diversity of the Airwaves.
- C08-21 Jonathan M. Barnett, Property as Process: How Innovation Markets Select Innovation Regimes (119 Yale L.J. 385 (2009)).
- C08-22 Jonathan M. Barnett, Sharing in the Shadow of Property: Rational Cooperation in Innovation Markets.
- C08-23 Ehud Kamar, The Story of Paramount Communications v. QVC Network: Everything Is Personal (forthcoming in J. Mark Ramseyer, Corporate Stories, Foundation Press, 2009).
Continuum of Care
November 24, 2020
Boyd Rutherford, JD 1990, focuses on state health issues as Lieutenant Governor of Maryland
Paying it forward
November 24, 2020
Karine Akopchikyan, JD 2015, VP of Gould's Alumni Association, speaks to the importance of building and keeping relation...
University honors Gould faculty
November 24, 2020
Ron Garet receives Faculty Lifetime Achievement Award, while Tom Griffith and Pauline Aranas named emeriti faculty