About USC Gould
USC Gould is a top-ranked law school with a 120-year history and reputation for academic excellence. We are located on the beautiful 228-acre USC University Park Campus, just south of downtown Los Angeles.
Learn about our interdisciplinary curriculum, experiential learning opportunities and specialized areas.
Participate in an unparalleled learning experience with diversity of people and thought. Get involved in the law school community and participate in activities that enhance your studies.
We work closely with students, graduates and employers to support successful career goals and outcomes. Our overall placement rate is consistently strong, with 94 percent of our JD class employed within 10 months after graduation.
Our faculty is distinguished for its scholarship, as well as for its commitment to teaching. Our 12:1 student-to-faculty ratio creates an intimate and collegial learning environment.
- Alumni and Giving
Alumni and Giving
The global Trojan network of more than 10,000 law alumni and donors include recognized leaders in numerous fields who are deeply committed to supporting student and law school success.
Working Paper Series
Center for Law and Social Science (CLASS)
- CENTER FOR LAW AND SOCIAL SCIENCE (CLASS)
- CLASS WORKSHOPS
- CLEO WORKSHOPS
- WORKING PAPER SERIES
- MAILING LIST
2003 USC Legal Studies Working Paper Series
- 03-1 Edwin M. Smith, The Laws of War and Humanitarian Law: A Turbulent Vista, 9 Global Governance 115 (2003) (© by Lynne Rienner Publishers, used with permission).
- 03-2 Mary L. Dudziak, Exporting American Dreams: Thurgood Marshall and the Constitution of Kenya.
- 03-3Mary L. Dudziak, Who Cares about Courts? Creating a Constituency for Judicial Independence in Africa (101 Michigan Law Rev. 1622 (2003)) .
- 03-4 Mary L. Dudziak, The Politics of "The Least Dangerous Branch": The Court, the Constitution and Constitutional Politics Since 1945, in Jean-Christophe Agnew and Roy Rosenzweig, eds., A Companion to Post-1945 America (Blackwell Press, 2002).
- 03-5 Timur Kuran and Edward J. McCaffery, Expanding Discrimination Research: Beyond Ethnicity and to the Web.
- 03-6 Elizabeth Garrett, Legislating Chevron.
- 03-7 Jennifer Arlen and Eric Talley, Unregulable Defenses and the Perils of Shareholder Choice.
- 03-8 Seth Seabury and Eric Talley,Private Information, Self-Serving Biases, and Optimal Settlement Mechanisms: Theory and Evidence.
- 03-9 Jennifer Arlen and W. Bentley MacLeod,Torts, Expertise and Authority: Liability of Physicians and Managed Care Organizations.
- 03-10 Ehud Kamar, A Regulatory Competition Theory of Indeterminacy in Corporate Law.
- 03-11 Tom Griffith, Taxing Sunny Days: Adjusting Taxes for Regional Living Costs and Amenities.
- 03-12 Ehud Kamar, Shareholder Litigation Under Indeterminate Corporate Law.
- 03-13 Elizabeth Garrett and Daniel A. Smith, Veiled Political Actors: The Real Threat to Campaign Disclosure Statutes.
- 03-14 Gregory C. Keating, Pressing Precaution Beyond the Point of Cost Justification.
- 03-15 Andrei Marmor, Authority, Equality and Democracy.
- 03-16 Andrei Marmor, The Rule of Law and its Limits.
- 03-17 Andrei Marmor, Entitlement to Land and The Right of Return: An Embarrassing Challenge to Liberal Zionism.
- 03-18 Mary L. Dudziak, September 11 in History: A Watershed Moment? - Introduction (Duke University Press (forthcoming)).
- 03-19 Dan Simon, Daniel C. Krawczyk, Keith J. Holyoak, Construction of Preferences by Constraint Satisfaction -->(PSYCHOLOGICAL SCIENCE, 15(5), 331 (2004)).
- 03-20 Dan Simon, Chadwick J. Snow, Stephen J. Read, The Redux of Cognitive Consistency Theories: Evidence Judgments by Constraint Satisfaction.
- 03-21 Edward J. McCaffery, The Fair Timing of Tax.
- 03-22 Edward J. McCaffery and Jonathan Baron,Heuristics and Biases in Thinking about Tax.
- 03-23 David Enoch and Andrei Marmor, The Case Against Moral Luck.
- 03-24 John G. Matsusaka, Have Voter Initiatives Paralyzed the California Budget?
Continuum of Care
November 24, 2020
Boyd Rutherford, JD 1990, focuses on state health issues as Lieutenant Governor of Maryland
Paying it forward
November 24, 2020
Karine Akopchikyan, JD 2015, VP of Gould's Alumni Association, speaks to the importance of building and keeping relation...
University honors Gould faculty
November 24, 2020
Ron Garet receives Faculty Lifetime Achievement Award, while Tom Griffith and Pauline Aranas named emeriti faculty