About USC Gould
USC Gould is a top-ranked law school with a 115-year history and reputation for academic excellence. We are located on the beautiful 228-acre USC University Park Campus, just south of downtown Los Angeles.
Learn about our rigorous and interdisciplinary curriculum, our invaluable experiential learning opportunities, and the breadth and depth of our specialized areas of concentration and certificate offerings.
- Student Life
Participate in an unparalleled learning experience with diversity of people and thought. Get involved in the law school community and participate in activities that enhance your studies.
We work closely with students, graduates and employers to support successful career goals and outcomes. Our overall placement rate is consistently strong, with 94 percent of our JD class employed within 10 months after graduation.
Our faculty is distinguished for its scholarship, as well as for its commitment to teaching. Our 12:1 student-to-faculty ratio creates an intimate and collegial learning environment.
- Alumni and Giving
Alumni and Giving
The global Trojan network of more than 10,000 law alumni and donors include recognized leaders in numerous fields who are deeply committed to supporting student and law school success.
Message from the Dean: 2019 U.S. News Rankings
- ABOUT USC GOULD
- A MESSAGE FROM THE DEAN
- + HISTORY OF USC GOULD
- + NEWS
- + EVENTS
- BOARD OF COUNCILORS
- ABA REQUIRED DISCLOSURES
- VISIT US
- SOCIAL MEDIA
- + CONTACT US
Tuesday, March 12, 2019
- For the JD class of 2021, we saw an 18% jump in applications over the previous year, enrolling 199 students. Our 19% acceptance rate was the lowest in a decade.
- In 2018, our faculty produced leading-edge research that was published in the field’s top legal journals. And, the reach of Gould’s expertise extended into the national media; as faculty were cited or quoted in news outlets more than 400 times last year.
- We successfully launched the Gould Jurist-in-Residence program, bringing four prominent judges from across the U.S. to Gould for week-long visits to share their insights with students and give them a deeper understanding of the judicial process; with one more judge to join us in April. In addition, our restructured clerkship program has led to a 300% increase in clerkships secured since 2015.
- We also engage front-and-center with the community, hosting outreach programs with high school and community college students. These programs, coordinated through the Admissions Office, create valuable pathways to help diversify the legal profession.
- Just announced last week, our First Generation Professionals Program, which has grown each year since its start in 2015, received a $3 million gift by John Molina JD ’89 to support the tremendous work of the program in perpetuity. The gift establishes the C. David Molina First Generation Professionals Program, along with the John Molina Scholarship Fund.
- We have bolstered our focus on wellness, to ensure that we provide a welcoming and supportive learning environment for all. This January, Dr. Christina Mohajerani joined us as a part-time, in-residence counselor. This is the result of a collaboration between Gould and the USC Student Health Center’s division of Counseling and Mental Health Services.
Student Support Office, with Graduate and International Programs, promote wellness
Gould Admissions Expands Outreach Efforts
May 17, 2019
Law school exploration workshop opportunities extended to high school students
Advice for Navigating Summer Networking Receptions
May 16, 2019
Ten tips, plus a bonus!