About USC Gould
USC Gould is a top-ranked law school with a 120-year history and reputation for academic excellence. We are located on the beautiful 228-acre USC University Park Campus, just south of downtown Los Angeles.
Learn about our interdisciplinary curriculum, experiential learning opportunities and specialized areas.
USC Gould helps prepare you for a stellar legal career. You can pursue a JD degree, one of our numerous graduate and international offerings, or an online degree or certificate.
Participate in an unparalleled learning experience with diversity of people and thought. Get involved in the law school community and participate in activities that enhance your studies.
We work closely with students, graduates and employers to support successful career goals and outcomes. Our overall placement rate is consistently strong, with 94 percent of our JD class employed within 10 months after graduation.
Our faculty is distinguished for its scholarship, as well as for its commitment to teaching. Our 12:1 student-to-faculty ratio creates an intimate and collegial learning environment.
- Alumni and Giving
Board of Councilors
USC Gould School of Law
- ABOUT USC GOULD
- A MESSAGE FROM THE DEAN
- + HISTORY OF USC GOULD
- LAW, RACE AND EQUITY
- + NEWS
- + EVENTS
- BOARD OF COUNCILORS
- CONSUMER INFORMATION (ABA REQUIRED DISCLOSURES)
- VISIT US
- SOCIAL MEDIA
- + CONTACT US
The Board of Councilors for the USC Gould School of Law is composed of professional, business and community leaders. This prestigious board provides counsel to the deans and faculty as well as the provost and president of USC.
Councilors are appointed by the president of the university for three-year terms which may be renewed once. Councilors advocate for the outstanding research, education and public service programs at USC Gould, serve as an ambassador for the school to the greater community and assist the school in securing financial support such as gifts from individuals, corporations and foundations.
- Thomas F. Larkins, JD 1986
- Amy Alderfer, JD 1999, Cozen O'Connor
- Elizabeth (Liz) Atlee, JD 1993, CBRE Inc
- Norman (Norm) A. Barker, JD 1972, Bernstein Private Wealth Management
- The Honorable Ellen N. Biben, JD 1992, Administrative Judge of New York County, Criminal Term
- Brian E. Cabrera, JD 1990, United States Department of Justice
- Richard Chernick, JD 1970, JAMS (Lifetime Member)
- The Honorable Candace D. Cooper, Ret., JD 1973, JAMS (Lifetime Member)
- Kenneth M. Doran, JD 1981, Gibson, Dunn & Crutcher (Lifetime Member)
- Mark Easton, O'Melveny & Myers, LLP
- Max Factor III, Factor Mediation
- Larry S. Flax, LLB 1967, Co-founder of California Pizza Kitchen
- Stanley P. Gold, LLB 1967, Shamrock Holdings, Inc. (Lifetime Member)
- Samuel Goldberg, JD 2006, Lucidity
- Karen Grant-Selma, JD 1994, The Oprah Winfrey Network
- Jefferson W. Gross, JD 1993, Gross & Rooney
- Andrew T. Guzman, USC Gould School of Law
- Laurie F. Hasencamp, JD 1985 (Lifetime Member)
- C. Thomas (Tom) Hopkins, JD 1993 Cooley, LLP
- John M. Iino, JD 1987, Reed Smith (Lifetime Member)
- Edward G. Lewis, JD 1970
- Bruce E. Karatz, JD 1970, BK Capital (Lifetime Member)
- Michael C. Kelley, California Superior Court
- Thomas F. Larkins, JD 1986, Applied Materials, Inc.
- Michele Mulrooney, JD 1985, Willkie Farr & Gallagher LLP
- Charles T. Munger, Berkshire Hathaway
- Arsine Phillips, JD 1986, Parker Miliken Clark O'Hara Samuelian, APC
- Daniel Prince, Paul Hastings LLP
- Stephen P. Rader, JD 1981, Clarity Partners (Lifetime Member)
- Bruce M. Ramer, Gang, Tyre, Ramer & Brown (Lifetime Member)
- Robert S. Roth, World Oil Corporation
- Bruce H. Rothman, JD 1982, KOAR Institutional Advisors, LLC
- Kathryn A. Sanders Platnick, JD 1985, Sapient Advisory Group, LLC
- Michael J. Schroeder, JD 1982, Allied Professionals Insurance Company
- Robert L. Skinner, JD 1990, The Towbes Group
- Jeffrey H. Smulyan, JD 1972, Emmis Communications (Lifetime Member)
- Glenn A. Sonnenberg, JD 1980, LaSalle Mortgage Real Estate Investors
- David M. Walsh, JD 1985, Paul Hastings, LLP
- Mark S. Wapnick, JD 1972, CourtCall
- Daron Watts, JD 1994, The Watts Group
- Karen B. Wong, JD 1986 (Lifetime Member)
- Charles G. Bakaly, LLB 1952, JAMS
- Hodge L. Dolle, Jr., LLB 1961, Dolle & Dolle
- Susan L. Harris, JD 1981
- Shari N. Leinwand, JD 1976
- The Honorable Nora M. Manella, JD 1975, California Court of Appeal, Second Appellate District
- Gary C. Ottoson, JD 1968, Bacalski Ottoson & Dube
- Richard L. Stack, The Hugh and Hazel Darling Foundation
Professor Emily Ryo moderates panel with activists and leaders Connie Chung Joe, Russell Jeung
Graduates pursuing public sector careers encouraged to look into qualifications