About USC Gould
USC Gould is a top-ranked law school with a 120-year history and reputation for academic excellence. We are located on the beautiful 228-acre USC University Park Campus, just south of downtown Los Angeles.
Learn about our interdisciplinary curriculum, experiential learning opportunities and specialized areas.
Participate in an unparalleled learning experience with diversity of people and thought. Get involved in the law school community and participate in activities that enhance your studies.
We work closely with students, graduates and employers to support successful career goals and outcomes. Our overall placement rate is consistently strong, with 94 percent of our JD class employed within 10 months after graduation.
Our faculty is distinguished for its scholarship, as well as for its commitment to teaching. Our 12:1 student-to-faculty ratio creates an intimate and collegial learning environment.
- Alumni and Giving
USC Gould School of Law
- FACULTY DIRECTORY
- LECTURERS IN LAW DIRECTORY
- EXPERTS DIRECTORY
- FACULTY IN THE NEWS
- SCHOLARSHIP AND PUBLICATIONS
- DISTINCTIONS AND AWARDS
- + CENTERS AND INITIATIVES
- CENTER FOR LAW AND PHILOSOPHY (CLP)
- CENTER FOR LAW AND SOCIAL SCIENCE (CLASS)
- CENTER FOR LAW, HISTORY AND CULTURE (CLHC)
- CENTER FOR TRANSNATIONAL LAW AND BUSINESS (CTLB)
- INITIATIVE AND REFERENDUM INSTITUTE (IRI)
- PACIFIC CENTER FOR HEALTH POLICY AND ETHICS
- SAKS INSTITUTE FOR MENTAL HEALTH LAW, POLICY, AND ETHICS
- + WORKSHOPS AND CONFERENCES
Senior Law Librarian, Research Services, and Adjunct Assistant Professor of LawEmail: email@example.com
Telephone: (213) 740-2621
699 Exposition Blvd. Los Angeles, CA 90089-0074 USA Room: 202
Google Scholar Profile: Link
SSRN Author Page: Link
Last Updated: August 5, 2021
Cindy Guyer serves the USC Gould School of Law community as a Senior Law Librarian – Research Services and Adjunct Assistant Professor of Law. She teaches legal research and writing courses in the JD and LLM programs. She previously practiced as a staff attorney with Protection & Advocacy, Inc., and was an editor and writer for the Daily Journal Corporation.
A lifelong Trojan, Guyer received her BA from USC in 1996 and her JD in 1999. She obtained a Master of Library and Information Science from San Jose State University in 2009. Guyer is active in various professional associations, including the American Association of Law Libraries (AALL) and the Southern California Association of Law Libraries (SCALL). Her research and publication interests include instructional pedagogies, curriculum design, and educational technology.
Articles and Book Chapters
- "Mental Illness in the Library: Ten Tips to Better Serve Patrons," with Nick Harrell, 19(4) AALL Spectrum 22-25 (February 2015). - (PDF)
- "Book Review of 'What the Best Law Teachers Do,'" by Michael Schwartz, et al., 106 Law Library Journal 255 (2014). - (Hein)
- "It's All About the Money for Cost Effective Legal Research," 41(1) SCALL Newsletter 12 (Sept./Oct. 2013).
- "Seven Tips for a Successful Flip," with Karen Skinner, 17(8) AALL Spectrum (June 2013). - (www)
- "Health Care Fraud: A Selected Bibliography," Southern California Association of Law Libraries Institute (Mar. 2013).
- "Experiential Learning: Context and Connections for Legal Research – A Case Study," 32(3) Legal References Services Quarterly 161 (2013). - (SSRN)
- "Using Forms in Google Drive for Reference Statistics," 30(2) Hall (Houston Area Law Librarians) Newsletter 11-13 (Mar./Apr. 2013).
- "Hot Topics in Copyright for Librarians," 40(1) SCALL Newsletter 8 (Sept./Oct. 2012).
- "Book Review of 'Special Education Advocacy,'" by Ruth Colker and Julie K. Waterson. AALL Spectrum Blog (April 27, 2012). - (www)
- "Teaching SMARTly™: Technologies in Legal Research Instruction," AALL Spectrum 11-12 (February 2012).
- "The California Public Records Act: Shining the Light on Public Records," 38(4) SCALL Newsletter 16-17 (March/April 2011).
- "Gerontology and the Law: A Selected Annotated Bibliography: 2006-2008 Update," 84 S. Cal. L. Rev. 251 (2010) (with Judy Davis and Paul Moorman). - (Hein)
- "Assistive Technology Obligations for Postsecondary Education Institutions," 6 J. Access Services 12-35 (2009) (with Michelle Uzeta).
- "Book Review: Making Your Case: The Art of Persuading Judges," by Scalia, Antonin and Bryan A. Garner. 101 Law Library Journal 106-107 (2009). - (Hein)
- "Corporate Law 101: A Selected Bibliography," Southern California Association of Law Libraries Institute (March 2008).
- "Effects of Gender Differences on Physician-Assisted Suicide: Practice and Regulation," 8 S. Cal. Rev. L & Women's Stud. 101 (1998). - (PDF)
“Irreparable Injury and the Incompleteness of Tort Law,” Oxford Studies in Private Law Theory II Conference.
"Promoting 'Climate Change Plus' Industries Through the Administrative State: The Case of Marine Aquaculture," Yale Journal on Regulation.
"Startup Exit Strategies in the New Antitrust Era," Bloomberg Law, Aug. 11, 2021.