About USC Gould
USC Gould is a top-ranked law school with a 120-year history and reputation for academic excellence. We are located on the beautiful 228-acre USC University Park Campus, just south of downtown Los Angeles.
Learn about our interdisciplinary curriculum, experiential learning opportunities and specialized areas.
Student Quick Links:
USC Gould helps prepare you for a stellar legal career. You can pursue a JD degree, one of our numerous graduate and international offerings, or an online degree or certificate.
Participate in an unparalleled learning experience with diversity of people and thought. Get involved in the law school community and participate in activities that enhance your studies.
Student Quick Links:
We work closely with students, graduates and employers to support successful career goals and outcomes. Our overall placement rate is consistently strong, with 94 percent of our JD class employed within 10 months after graduation.
Our faculty is distinguished for its scholarship, as well as for its commitment to teaching. Our 12:1 student-to-faculty ratio creates an intimate and collegial learning environment.
- Alumni and Giving
USC Gould School of Law
- STUDENT AFFAIRS OFFICE
- STUDENT LIFE
- STUDENT RESOURCES
- STUDENT ORGANIZATIONS
- + ACADEMIC JOURNALS AND MOOT COURT
- SOUTHERN CALIFORNIA LAW REVIEW
- SOUTHERN CALIFORNIA REVIEW OF LAW AND SOCIAL JUSTICE (RLSJ)
- SOUTHERN CALIFORNIA INTERDISCIPLINARY LAW JOURNAL (ILJ)
- HALE MOOT COURT HONORS PROGRAM
- OTHER ACADEMIC PUBLICATIONS
- LIFE IN LOS ANGELES
- LIFE ON CAMPUS
- DIVERSITY AT USC
- USC TROJAN NETWORK
- PEER SUPPORT
- + FIRST GENERATION PROFESSIONALS
Launched in 2018 by Dean Andrew Guzman, the USC Gould School of Law's Jurist-in-Residence Program brings prominent judges from across the country to its Los Angeles campus to share their expertise and create exceptional multi-day learning experiences that reach beyond the classroom.
Among the range of activities typically involved, the Jurist-in-Residence Program offers participating judges the chance to deliver presentations to the broader law school community, as well as opportunities to meet with smaller groups of students to discuss a breadth of topics, from careers and clerkships, to legal education and practice.
"The Jurist-in-Residence program allows students to hear firsthand from those who are interpreting and applying the law, providing a uniquely substantive point of view."
- Dean Andrew T. Guzman
Judge Karen Nelson Moore speaks with USC Gould students.
- Hon. Robert L. Wilkins, U.S. Court of Appeals for the D.C. Circuit
- Hon. Adalberto Jordan, U.S. Court of Appeals for the Eleventh Circuit
- Hon. Rhesa H. Barksdale, U.S. Court of Appeals for the Fifth Circuit
- Hon. Diana Gribbon Motz, U.S. Court of Appeals for the Fourth Circuit
- Hon. David F. Hamilton, U.S. Court of Appeals for the Seventh Circuit
- Hon. Kermit V. Lipez, U.S. Court of Appeals for the First Circuit
- Hon. Jon O. Newman, U.S. Court of Appeals for the Second Circuit
- Hon. Karen Nelson Moore, U.S. Court of Appeals for the Sixth Circuit
"It was a privilege to meet Judge Moore during her visit to Gould. The way in which she spoke about her career on the court was inspiring and reaffirmed my decision to complete a clerkship."
- Abigail Sellers, JD Class of 2021, Editor-in-Chief, Southern California Law Review;
will clerk for the Hon. Kent A. Jordan, U.S. Court of Appeals for the Third Circuit in 2021-22
For questions about the program or to find out more information, please contact the Academic Operations Office at AcademicOperations@law.usc.edu or the Gould Dean's Office at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Roth Lecture features Hon. Karen Nelson Moore discussing technology and impacts on the law
January 10, 2020
View from the bench: USC Gould launches Jurist-in-Residence program
August 1, 2019
Dan Klerman awarded Fulbright Senior Scholar grant to conduct research in Israel
June 7, 2023
At Hebrew University in Jerusalem, USC Gould professor will compare immigration policies
Trailblazer Elyn Saks sees ‘gender-inspired mental health activism happening all the time now’
June 6, 2023
USC Gould professor is founder, faculty director of Saks Institute for Mental Health Law, Policy and Ethics
USC Gould Law Library showcases ‘rejuvenating power of music’
June 2, 2023
Performances feature LA Philharmonic concertmaster, saxophone quartet