About USC Gould
USC Gould is a top-ranked law school with a 120-year history and reputation for academic excellence. We are located on the beautiful 228-acre USC University Park Campus, just south of downtown Los Angeles.
Learn about our interdisciplinary curriculum, experiential learning opportunities and specialized areas.
Participate in an unparalleled learning experience with diversity of people and thought. Get involved in the law school community and participate in activities that enhance your studies.
We work closely with students, graduates and employers to support successful career goals and outcomes. Our overall placement rate is consistently strong, with 94 percent of our JD class employed within 10 months after graduation.
Our faculty is distinguished for its scholarship, as well as for its commitment to teaching. Our 12:1 student-to-faculty ratio creates an intimate and collegial learning environment.
- Alumni and Giving
Alumni and Giving
The global Trojan network of more than 10,000 law alumni and donors include recognized leaders in numerous fields who are deeply committed to supporting student and law school success.
- STUDENT LIFE
- STUDENT RESOURCES
- STUDENT ORGANIZATIONS
- + ACADEMIC JOURNALS AND MOOT COURT
- SOUTHERN CALIFORNIA LAW REVIEW
- SOUTHERN CALIFORNIA REVIEW OF LAW AND SOCIAL JUSTICE (RLSJ)
- SOUTHERN CALIFORNIA INTERDISCIPLINARY LAW JOURNAL (ILJ)
- HALE MOOT COURT HONORS PROGRAM
- LIFE IN LOS ANGELES
- LIFE ON CAMPUS
- DIVERSITY AT USC
- + DISCRIMINATION AND HARASSMENT PREVENTION AND REPORTING
- DESIGNATED EMPLOYEES (MANDATORY REPORTERS)
- SEXUAL DISCRIMINATION AND HARASSMENT IN PARTICULAR
- REPORTING SEXUAL DISCRIMINATION AND HARASSMENT AT AN EXTERNAL SITE
- SEXUAL DISCRIMINATION AND HARASSMENT RESOURCES
- USC TROJAN NETWORK
- PEER SUPPORT
- + FIRST GENERATION PROFESSIONALS
Launched in 2018 by Dean Andrew Guzman, the USC Gould School of Law's Jurist-in-Residence Program brings prominent judges from across the country to its Los Angeles campus to share their expertise and create exceptional multi-day learning experiences that reach beyond the classroom.
Among the range of activities typically involved, the Jurist-in-Residence Program offers participating judges the chance to deliver presentations to the broader law school community, as well as opportunities to meet with smaller groups of students to discuss a breadth of topics, from careers and clerkships, to legal education and practice.
"The Jurist-in-Residence program allows students to hear firsthand from those who are interpreting and applying the law, providing a uniquely substantive point of view."
- Dean Andrew T. Guzman
Judge Karen Nelson Moore speaks with USC Gould students.
- Hon. Adalberto Jordan, U.S. Court of Appeals for the Eleventh Circuit
- Hon. Rhesa H. Barksdale, U.S. Court of Appeals for the Fifth Circuit
- Hon. Diana Gribbon Motz, U.S. Court of Appeals for the Fourth Circuit
- Hon. David F. Hamilton, U.S. Court of Appeals for the Seventh Circuit
- Hon. Kermit V. Lipez, U.S. Court of Appeals for the First Circuit
- Hon. Jon O. Newman, U.S. Court of Appeals for the Second Circuit
- Hon. Karen Nelson Moore, U.S. Court of Appeals for the Sixth Circuit
"It was a privilege to meet Judge Moore during her visit to Gould. The way in which she spoke about her career on the court was inspiring and reaffirmed my decision to complete a clerkship."
- Abigail Sellers, JD Class of 2021, Editor-in-Chief, Southern California Law Review;
will clerk for the Hon. Kent A. Jordan, U.S. Court of Appeals for the Third Circuit in 2021-22
For questions about the program or to find out more information, please contact Prof. Laura Riley at email@example.com.
Roth Lecture features Hon. Karen Nelson Moore discussing technology and impacts on the law
January 10, 2020
View from the bench: USC Gould launches Jurist-in-Residence program
August 1, 2019
Saks sums up advice in two words: "To listen"
BLSA, alumni explore impact of recent protests on legal profession
September 25, 2020
The August event was titled "Turning the Tide: Utilizing the Momentum of Today to Further the Progress of Tomorrow"
Diversity and inclusion expert, Gould alum takes the lead at USC
September 25, 2020
John Iino brings his talents to lead the USC Alumni Board of Governors