About USC Gould
USC Gould is a top-ranked law school with a 115-year history and reputation for academic excellence. We are located on the beautiful 228-acre USC University Park Campus, just south of downtown Los Angeles.
Learn about our rigorous and interdisciplinary curriculum, our invaluable experiential learning opportunities, and the breadth and depth of our specialized areas of concentration and certificate offerings.
Participate in an unparalleled learning experience with diversity of people and thought. Get involved in the law school community and participate in activities that enhance your studies.
We work closely with students, graduates and employers to support successful career goals and outcomes. Our overall placement rate is consistently strong, with 94 percent of our JD class employed within 10 months after graduation.
Our faculty is distinguished for its scholarship, as well as for its commitment to teaching. Our 12:1 student-to-faculty ratio creates an intimate and collegial learning environment.
- Alumni and Giving
Alumni and Giving
The global Trojan network of more than 10,000 law alumni and donors include recognized leaders in numerous fields who are deeply committed to supporting student and law school success.
Business Law Certificate
- + AREAS OF CONCENTRATION
- ALTERNATIVE DISPUTE RESOLUTION
- BUSINESS LAW
- MEDIA, ENTERTAINMENT AND TECHNOLOGY LAW
- PUBLIC INTEREST LAW
- + EXPERIENTIAL LEARNING
- UNDERGRADUATE COURSES AND PROGRAMS
- CORPORATE AND CUSTOM EDUCATION
- + NON-DEGREE PROGRAMS
- ACADEMIC CALENDAR
- COURSE DESCRIPTIONS
- BAR ADMISSIONS
Earning a certificate in Business Law in addition to your LLM degree helps you acquire the diverse legal, business and negotiating skills required to succeed in business law practice. It also offers you a credential that demonstrates your specialized training in this thriving and wide-ranging field.
You may concurrently earn multiple certificates offered by USC Gould. Some courses count toward more than one certificate.
To earn the Business Law certificate, you must take at least 12 units of mandatory and elective courses, as outlined below.
- Business Organizations
Electives (at least 8 units required)
- Accounting for Lawyers
- Administrative Law and Regulatory Policy
- ADR Clause Drafting
- Advanced Contracts
- Analytical Methods for Lawyers
- Antitrust Law I
- Bankruptcy: Debtors and Creditors
- Business for Lawyers
- Commercial Paper
- Contracts (LLM)
- Contract Drafting, Analysis and Negotiation
- Corporate Finance
- Corporate Fraud
- Corporate Reorganization
- Corporate Taxation
- Counseling the Start Up
- Dealmaking in the Entertainment Industry (LLM)
- Employment Dispute Mediation
- Insurance Law
- International Arbitration
- International Business Transactions
- International Negotiation & Mediation
- International Trade Policy
- Land Use Control
- Mergers and Acquisitions
- Organizational Conflict
- Partnerships and LLCs
- Partnership Taxation
- Real Estate Law and Business I
- Real Estate Law and Business II
- Real Estate Transaction Problems
- Sales Transactions
- Secured Transactions
- Securities Fraud
- Securities Regulation
- Technology Transactions
- Topics in Entertainment Law: Current Issues Challenging the Industry
- Topics in Entertainment Law: Intellectual Property Licensing
- Topics in Entertainment Law: Legal and Business Issues in the Digital Age
- Transactional Due Diligence
- Venture Capital Law and Emerging Companies
- Video Game Law
USC Marshall School of Business courses
- Corporate Financial Strategy
- Entrepreneurial Finance
You may choose to take one graduate-level course at USC Marshall. To request enrollment, email email@example.com with the course name and number.
Not all courses are offered every year. Courses are open to all students, not just those pursuing a certificate. You must earn a cumulative grade point average of 2.6 in your certificate coursework to receive the certificate.
Per American Bar Association requirements, courses taken outside USC Gould do not count toward the LLM degree. In addition, the New York Bar does not recognize USC Marshall School of Business courses.
A Family Within a Family
December 2, 2019
The Black Law Students Association celebrates more than 50 years of building diversity and community at Gould.
Dean Guzman Leads Latino Growth Initiative
December 2, 2019
Gould's Dean aims to enhance opportunities for the Latino community at USC.
10th annual event covers stigma, self-advocacy.