About USC Gould
USC Gould is a top-ranked law school with a 120-year history and reputation for academic excellence. We are located on the beautiful 228-acre USC University Park Campus, just south of downtown Los Angeles.
Learn about our interdisciplinary curriculum, experiential learning opportunities and specialized areas.
USC Gould helps prepare you for a stellar legal career. You can pursue a JD degree, one of our numerous graduate and international offerings, or an online degree or certificate.
Participate in an unparalleled learning experience with diversity of people and thought. Get involved in the law school community and participate in activities that enhance your studies.
We work closely with students, graduates and employers to support successful career goals and outcomes. Our overall placement rate is consistently strong, with 94 percent of our JD class employed within 10 months after graduation.
Our faculty is distinguished for its scholarship, as well as for its commitment to teaching. Our 12:1 student-to-faculty ratio creates an intimate and collegial learning environment.
- Alumni and Giving
Online Privacy Law and Cybersecurity Certificate
USC Gould School of Law
- ONLINE PRIVACY LAW AND CYBERSECURITY CERTIFICATE
- APPLICATION INSTRUCTIONS
- TUITION AND FINANCIAL AID
- CONTACT US
USC Gould's online Privacy Law and Cybersecurity certificate provides you with the fundamental knowledge to understand the necessary legal parameters of our increasingly interconnected world. Students will have the opportunity to explore legal framework concerning information privacy in the U.S. and common legal issues and emerging laws in the areas of privacy and cybersecurity.
The program prepares graduates for leading roles in protecting business and individual data with essential legal background, policies and best practices that preserve digital integrity today.
The online Privacy Law and Cybersecurity certificate is ideal for those who want to learn more about the latest privacy and security-focused laws and how it affects such fields as:
- regulations in digital and data-sharing industries
- technology/software development
- individual and organizational policy
- lawyers and law firms
Why Choose the Privacy Law and Cybersecurity Certificate at USC Gould?
The online Privacy Law and Cybersecurity certificate - taken independently or concurrently with our online Master of Laws (LLM) or online Master of Studies in Law (MSL) - will provide you with a competitive edge in the emerging field of data privacy and security, whether you are a recent university graduate or an established professional.
You will learn alongside our online LLM students and our online MSL students in a dynamic and engaging virtual classroom. Our innovative format fosters interaction among students and our outstanding law faculty, who design courses to ensure you gain a foundation in legal and business issues in the data privacy and cybersecurity field. The online curriculum provides a convenient, flexible way to pursue this advanced training, while meeting the demands of your profession.
You can complete the Privacy Law and Cybersecurity certificate in as few as three semesters.
- You must have earned a first undergraduate degree by the time you begin the online Privacy Law and Cybersecurity certificate. The certificate is also open to anyone who has earned a graduate degree, including a JD or LLM.
- Prior experience in law is not required.
- You are not required to take the LSAT exam; however international applicants are required to take the TOEFL or IELTS exam.
- Applicants who hold a degree from an institution located outside the United States must have their transcripts authenticated and evaluated by the Law School Admission Council (LSAC).
If you are completing your undergraduate or first law degree, you may apply for admission. You must submit academic records of all law and undergraduate coursework completed at the time you apply. If admitted, you will be required to submit final transcripts showing your degree was awarded before you begin the certificate.
Through the online Privacy Law and Cybersecurity certificate, you will:
- learn advanced legal terminology specific to data privacy and cybersecurity laws
- obtain practical knowledge of the legal profession
- strengthen your critical thinking skills
- review and draft agreements, policies and other documents to effectively mitigate and manage risks
- research cybersecurity laws and privacy issues affecting individual and corporate entities
- review cybersecurity-related content for compliance with federal and state regulations