About USC Gould
USC Gould is a top-ranked law school with a 120-year history and reputation for academic excellence. We are located on the beautiful 228-acre USC University Park Campus, just south of downtown Los Angeles.
Learn about our interdisciplinary curriculum, experiential learning opportunities and specialized areas.
Student Quick Links:
USC Gould helps prepare you for a stellar legal career. You can pursue a JD degree, one of our numerous graduate and international offerings, or an online degree or certificate.
Participate in an unparalleled learning experience with diversity of people and thought. Get involved in the law school community and participate in activities that enhance your studies.
Student Quick Links:
We work closely with students, graduates and employers to support successful career goals and outcomes. Our overall placement rate is consistently strong, with 94 percent of our JD class employed within 10 months after graduation.
Our faculty is distinguished for its scholarship, as well as for its commitment to teaching. Our 12:1 student-to-faculty ratio creates an intimate and collegial learning environment.
- Alumni and Giving
Master of Science in Innovation Economics, Law and Regulation (MIELR)
USC Gould School of Law
- MASTER OF SCIENCE IN INNOVATION ECONOMICS, LAW AND REGULATION
- APPLICATION INSTRUCTIONS
- CAREER OPPORTUNITIES
- CAMPUS HOUSING
- TUITION AND FINANCIAL AID
- CONTACT US
The Master of Science in Innovation Economics, Law and Regulation (MIELR) degree is offered by USC Dornsife College of Letters, Arts and Sciences Department of Economics jointly with the USC Gould School of Law. This degree equips graduates with the essential skills required to address the complexities of big data, artificial intelligence and machine learning innovations through the lens of antitrust, privacy, data security and intellectual property laws.
Students in this distinctive program gain comprehensive knowledge of the economic and regulatory complexities of digital service industries and innovation-driven workplaces that include tech and biotech. It is ideal for students with an interest in law looking to study economic theory and data analysis or for students with a background in economics or STEM looking to study relevant laws and economics that govern innovation.
The 32-unit degree program may be completed over two academic years (fall/spring/fall/spring) on campus on a full-time basis. However, full-time students may complete their coursework in two (fall/spring) or three (fall/spring/fall) semesters
This degree is open to anyone with a bachelor's degree in any field; however, students are required to have a solid foundation in mathematics, including calculus.
Complete this form to receive more information about our Master of Science in Innovation Economics, Law and Regulation degree.
Why choose USC?
Top reasons to pursue the Master of Science in Innovation Economics, Law and Regulation (MIELR) degree offered by USC Dornsife and USC Gould:
- Earn a master's degree from the USC Dornsife Department of Economics, whose research ranks among the top 20 U.S. academic institutions and USC Gould School of Law, a top 20 U.S. law school, as ranked by U.S. News & World Report.
- Enroll in specialized coursework - Study economic theory and data analysis alongside courses focused on relevant laws and economics that govern innovation.
- Scholarships and Housing Stipends offered - All applicants will be considered automatically for our scholarship awards.
- Receive career and professional support - USC offers workshops and individually tailored advice on developing your career plan, as well as mentorship opportunities and tools for exam preparation.
- Join the Trojan Family - A renowned network of over 450,000 alumni who are deeply committed to furthering the success of USC graduates.
- Understand the overlap between law and microeconomics, particularly in the fields of antitrust and intellectual property law
- Develop interdisciplinary skills in economics and the regulation of markets that include analytical and written skills
- Economists and consultants gain training enabling them to better interface with lawyers
- Gain a comprehensive knowledge of the economic and regulatory complexities of digital service industries and innovation-driven workplaces
THE LATEST NEWS. REDEFINED.
USC Gould, Dornsife Department of Economics launch joint degree in innovation economics, law and regulation
May 2, 2023
Student Spotlight: Stephanie Moran (MDR Class of 2024)
April 25, 2023