About USC Gould
USC Gould is a top-ranked law school with a 120-year history and reputation for academic excellence. We are located on the beautiful 228-acre USC University Park Campus, just south of downtown Los Angeles.
Learn about our interdisciplinary curriculum, experiential learning opportunities and specialized areas.
USC Gould helps prepare you for a stellar legal career. You can pursue a JD degree, one of our numerous graduate and international offerings, or an online degree or certificate.
Participate in an unparalleled learning experience with diversity of people and thought. Get involved in the law school community and participate in activities that enhance your studies.
We work closely with students, graduates and employers to support successful career goals and outcomes. Our overall placement rate is consistently strong, with 94 percent of our JD class employed within 10 months after graduation.
Our faculty is distinguished for its scholarship, as well as for its commitment to teaching. Our 12:1 student-to-faculty ratio creates an intimate and collegial learning environment.
- Alumni and Giving
CLEO Workshops 2005-2006
USC Gould School of Law
- CENTER FOR LAW AND SOCIAL SCIENCE (CLASS)
- CLASS WORKSHOPS
- CLEO WORKSHOPS
- WORKING PAPER SERIES
- MAILING LIST
- August 22 - Keith Hylton (Boston University Law School), Topic: "Information, Litigation, and Common Law Evolution"
- September 19 - Jean-Laurent Rosenthal (UCLA), Naomi Lamoreaux (UCLA), Topic:“Organizing Middle-Sized Firms in the United States and France, 1830-2000”, joint with the Institute for Economic Research on Civilizations and the Birnkrant Seminar in Economic Development (Director Timur Kuran)
- October 3 - Rebecca Eisenberg (University of Michigan), Topic: "The Role of FDA in Innovation Policy"
- October 17 - Reinier Kraakman (Harvard University), Topic: "Law and the Rise of the Firm", with Henry Hansmann and Richard Squire, joint with the Institute for Economic Research on Civilizations and the Birnkrant Seminar in Economic Development (Director: Timur Kuran)
- October 31 - Christopher Leslie (Chicago Kent Law School), Topic: "Antitrust Amnesty and Cartel Distrust"
- November 14 - William Sage (Columbia Law School), Topic: "Medicare's Role in Medical Malpractice Reform"
- November 28 - Tonja Jacobi (Northwestern Law School), Topic: "The Dissent Becomes the Majority: Using Federalism to Transform Coalitions in the U.S. Supreme Court," with Vanessa Baird (University of Colorado-Boulder)
- December 12 - Kathryn Elizabeth Spier (Kellogg School of Management, Northwestern University), Topic: "Strategic Judgment Proofing", with Yeon- Koo Che (Univerisity of Wisconsin & Columbia)
- January 30 - Peter Boettke (George Mason University), Topic: "The Political Economy of Forgiveness: The Necessity of Post-Atrocity Reconciliation." Joint with the Institute for Economic Research on Civilizations and the Birnkrant Seminar in the Economic Department (Director: Timur Kuran)
- February 13 - Thomas Hubbard (Kellogg School of Management, Northwestern University), Topic: "Managerial Leverage is Limited by the Extent of the Market: Hierarchies, Specialization, and the Utilization of Lawyers' Human Capital," with Luis Garicano
- February 27 - Suzanne Scotchmer (UC Berkeley, School of Public Policy and Department of Economics), Topic: >"Profit Neutrality in Licensing: The Boundary between Antitrust Law and Patent Law," with Stephen M. Maurer.
- March 27 - Robert Ahdieh (Emory Law School), Topic: "The Strategy of Boilerplate."
- April 10 - James Robinson (Harvard University, Government Department), Topic: "The Origins and Persistence of Institutions in Columbia", joint with the Institute for Economic Research on Civilizations and the Birnkrant Seminar in the Economic Department (Director: Timur Kuran)
- April 24 - Arthur Lupia (University of Michigan), Topic: tba
- May 8 - Roberta Romano (Yale Law School),Topic: tba
In the business of shaping entertainment: Jon Hicks
February 8, 2023
Jon Hicks (JD 2004) is Senior Counsel for Employment Law at Netflix
Professor Jouet presents comparative research to public defenders from Mexico City
February 3, 2023
April Yuan (JD 2013) co-launches Vital Artists Agency as catalyst for diversity