About USC Gould
USC Gould is a top-ranked law school with a 115-year history and reputation for academic excellence. We are located on the beautiful 228-acre USC University Park Campus, just south of downtown Los Angeles.
Learn about our rigorous and interdisciplinary curriculum, our invaluable experiential learning opportunities, and the breadth and depth of our specialized areas of concentration and certificate offerings.
- Student Life
Participate in an unparalleled learning experience with diversity of people and thought. Get involved in the law school community and participate in activities that enhance your studies.
We work closely with students, graduates and employers to support successful career goals and outcomes. Our overall placement rate is consistently strong, with 94 percent of our JD class employed within 10 months after graduation.
Our faculty is distinguished for its scholarship, as well as for its commitment to teaching. Our 12:1 student-to-faculty ratio creates an intimate and collegial learning environment.
- Alumni and Giving
Alumni and Giving
The global Trojan network of more than 10,000 law alumni and donors include recognized leaders in numerous fields who are deeply committed to supporting student and law school success.
Diversity at USC
- STUDENT LIFE
- STUDENT ORGANIZATIONS
- + ACADEMIC JOURNALS AND MOOT COURT
- SOUTHERN CALIFORNIA LAW REVIEW
- SOUTHERN CALIFORNIA REVIEW OF LAW AND SOCIAL JUSTICE (RLSJ)
- SOUTHERN CALIFORNIA INTERDISCIPLINARY LAW JOURNAL (ILJ)
- HALE MOOT COURT HONORS PROGRAM
- LIFE IN LOS ANGELES
- LIFE ON CAMPUS
- DIVERSITY AT USC
- + DISCRIMINATION AND HARASSMENT PREVENTION AND REPORTING
- RESPONSIBLE EMPLOYEES (MANDATORY REPORTERS)
- SEXUAL DISCRIMINATION AND HARASSMENT IN PARTICULAR
- SEXUAL DISCRIMINATION AND HARASSMENT RESOURCES
- USC TROJAN NETWORK
- PEER SUPPORT
- + FIRST GENERATION PROFESSIONALS
USC Gould ranked #3 among the top-20 law schools in U.S. News and World Report Law School Diversity Index
USC Gould maintains an enduring commitment to diversity of thought, experience and people. Inclusiveness has been a critical part of our culture since the school's founding. From the Federalist Society to the American Constitution Society, our 30 student organizations reflect the wide range of political, cultural, religious, ethnic, social and service interests and experiences of our diverse student body.
- Our JD students hail from 30 states, representing 96 colleges and universities.
- Students in our Graduate & International Programs have come from 70 countries, spanning six continents.
- Some 13 percent of our JD students are economically disadvantaged.
- More than half of our JD students are women and 37 percent are persons of color.
- Our JD First Generation Professionals initiative provides support and mentoring to those who are the first in their family to enter a professional career.
- Our endowment for OUTLaw — an organization for students of all sexual orientations — was the first of its kind in the nation.
- The National Jurist ranks USC Gould among the nation's most diverse law schools.
- The data website Priceonomics ranks USC No. 6 in student diversity.
- HispanicBusiness.com ranks USC No. 7 among the best law schools for Hispanics.
- USC ranks No. 15 nationally in a comprehensive Wall Street Journal/Times Higher Education survey measuring student body diversity, resources for student success and graduates' ability to obtain satisfying, high-paying jobs.
- USC attracts more underrepresented minority graduate students than any public or private university in the Association of American Universities.
Learn more about the university's dedication to diversity.
When you join USC Gould, you become part of an elite, collegial community with a strongly global perspective:
- We offer a wide array of international and comparative law courses, including International Human Rights, International Arbitration, International Business Transactions, International Criminal Law, International Trade Policy and Public International Law.
- Our JD students enjoy study abroad opportunities in Italy, Australia, Brazil, Hong Kong and France.
- With more than 7,000 international students each year, the University of Southern California has long attracted one of the largest foreign student populations of any U.S. university.
- The global Trojan Family network comprises more than 10,000 law alumni, including partners in the world's largest law firms, leaders of civil rights movements, and CEOs and presidents of multibillion-dollar companies.
- USC maintains eight international offices around the world and 22 international alumni clubs.
On-the Job and Living with Mental Health Disorders
November 14, 2018
Prof. Elyn Saks leads discussion on reducing stigma in the workplace
Prof. Lisa Klerman Honored by the SCMA
November 9, 2018
Klerman is a renowned expert in alternative dispute resolution
Teamwork, Trust and Personal Disputes
October 29, 2018
In a collaboration with the LAFD, the Mediation Clinic helps resolve conflicts between firefighters