USC Gould Search

Tuition and Financial Aid
Master of Comparative Law (MCL) Degree

Tuition and Fees

Tuition for 2017-18 is $61,898 plus mandatory fees, which are detailed in the Schedule of Classes.

You should budget an additional $18,000—$25,000 annually for living expenses, books and supplies.


Applicants receive automatic consideration for USC Gould's merit-based scholarships. Scholarship offers are released at the time of admission.

USC Campus Housing Stipends

Students living in USC campus housing also will be automatically considered for our USC campus housing stipend, which is available in varying amounts up to the full cost of housing for a 12-month contract.

To be eligible, you must apply to live in USC campus housing by April 14 and must pay the confirmation fee on the deadline of your housing contract. Students may receive both a merit-based scholarship and the USC campus housing stipend.

Paying for Your Degree

USC's Office of Student Financial Services offers numerous payment options, including an interest-free USC Payment Plan for tuition, fees, university housing, meals and other charges, paid in monthly installments.

International students can pursue on-campus, part-time employment to supplement living expenses. Open jobs are posted on ConnectSC.

Germany and Mexico offer graduate scholarships to students enrolled at USC Gould. We encourage you to explore financial aid from additional sources in your home country.

Federal Loans

U.S. citizens and permanent residents who wish to pay for school through loans from the U.S. government must complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). FAFSA can be completed as early as January 1 of the year in which you intend to enroll, and should be completed as early as possible. USC's school code is 001328.

Do not delay your FAFSA submission because you have not yet filed your federal income tax return. Instead, use your best estimates of income. To electronically sign your FAFSA, you will need your four digit federal PIN. If you do not have one or do not remember your PIN, you can request a new or duplicate one with the U.S. Department of Education.

After you have successfully completed FAFSA, you will receive an electronic notification from USC Gould Financial Aid with information and instructions on the federal loan application process.

Private Loans

USC's Office of Financial Aid offers information about private educational loans.