About USC Gould
USC Gould is a top-ranked law school with a 115-year history and reputation for academic excellence. We are located on the beautiful 228-acre USC University Park Campus, just south of downtown Los Angeles.
Learn about our interdisciplinary curriculum, experiential learning opportunities and specialized areas.
Participate in an unparalleled learning experience with diversity of people and thought. Get involved in the law school community and participate in activities that enhance your studies.
We work closely with students, graduates and employers to support successful career goals and outcomes. Our overall placement rate is consistently strong, with 94 percent of our JD class employed within 10 months after graduation.
Our faculty is distinguished for its scholarship, as well as for its commitment to teaching. Our 12:1 student-to-faculty ratio creates an intimate and collegial learning environment.
- Alumni and Giving
Alumni and Giving
The global Trojan network of more than 10,000 law alumni and donors include recognized leaders in numerous fields who are deeply committed to supporting student and law school success.
Master of Comparative Law (MCL)
USC Gould School of Law
- MASTER OF COMPARATIVE LAW (MCL) DEGREE
- APPLICATION INSTRUCTIONS
- CAREER AND BAR
- CAMPUS HOUSING
- + TUITION AND FINANCIAL AID
- CONTACT US
The Master of Comparative Law (MCL) degree is ideal for international LLM graduates who want to continue their studies of U.S. and comparative laws. Through the yearlong curriculum, MCL students explore the differences, similarities and inter-relationships of various systems of law around the world.
The program is particularly designed for:
- experienced lawyers
- corporate counsel
- members of government ministries
USC Gould seeks MCL applicants who have excellent law school records, proficiency in English and leadership potential.
Why Choose the MCL degree at USC Gould?
Upon graduating with an MCL, you will be prepared to tackle the challenges of today's global economy and positioned to become a leader in the legal profession, wherever you choose to practice.
When you join USC Gould, you will become part of a dynamic and diverse law school community, be nurtured by a world-class faculty, enroll in small and collegial classes, and join the global Trojan Family network of more than 10,000 law alumni. Our graduates include partners in the world's largest law firms, leaders of civil rights movements, and CEOs and presidents of multibillion-dollar companies.
As an MCL student, you will have access to an academic support system led by a full-service staff dedicated exclusively to aiding international students. You will have the opportunity to benefit from:
- one-on-one help with course registration
- tools for exam preparation
- seminars on study techniques
- individualized career development advisement
- workshops on résumé and cover letter writing, interviewing and job-search strategies
- Early Bar Preparation and other bar exam workshops
- USC Gould Continuing Legal Education events, where you can network with leading professionals in tax, entertainment, corporate, real estate and intellectual property law, among other fields
- the Summer Law and English (SLE) four-week intensive
- social and athletic outings with fellow students, including a night at the Hollywood Bowl, a USC Trojan football game and a basketball game at Staples Center
Our Office of International Services provides additional resources to assist you with your visa and other requirements for studying in the U.S. The university also maintains nine international offices worldwide.
Through your MCL coursework, you will develop:
- practical, real-world knowledge of the theories, history and use of legal systems throughout the world
- fluency in advanced legal terminology through exposure to substantive cases, statutes and memoranda
- the ability to perform legal research and analysis necessary for working in a variety of legal settings
- understanding of the concepts of legal professionalism and ethics, and the responsibilities required of representatives of clients and officers of the court
- improved speaking and writing skills
Join us this summer for Summer Law & English! This 4-week summer course helps you to prepare for learning U.S. law and English language skills prior to your LLM. Students that continue on to study their LLM at USC Gould will also receive a $500 textbook stipend.
Spend the summer in LA. No grades, no exams. Use code 'uscsleapply' to waive the application fee when you apply now