About USC Gould
USC Gould is a top-ranked law school with a 120-year history and reputation for academic excellence. We are located on the beautiful 228-acre USC University Park Campus, just south of downtown Los Angeles.
Learn about our interdisciplinary curriculum, experiential learning opportunities and specialized areas.
Student Quick Links:
USC Gould helps prepare you for a stellar legal career. You can pursue a JD degree, one of our numerous graduate and international offerings, or an online degree or certificate.
Participate in an unparalleled learning experience with diversity of people and thought. Get involved in the law school community and participate in activities that enhance your studies.
Student Quick Links:
We work closely with students, graduates and employers to support successful career goals and outcomes. Our overall placement rate is consistently strong, with 94 percent of our JD class employed within 10 months after graduation.
Our faculty is distinguished for its scholarship, as well as for its commitment to teaching. Our 12:1 student-to-faculty ratio creates an intimate and collegial learning environment.
- Alumni and Giving
USC Law Hosts 2018 World Refugee Day Regional Roundtable
USC Gould School of Law
- ABOUT USC GOULD
- A MESSAGE FROM THE DEAN
- + HISTORY OF USC GOULD
- LAW, RACE AND EQUITY
- + NEWS
- + EVENTS
- BOARD OF COUNCILORS
- CONSUMER INFORMATION (ABA REQUIRED DISCLOSURES)
- VISIT US
- SOCIAL MEDIA
- + CONTACT US
Monday, Jun 18, 2018
Contact: Gilien Silsby, USC Gould School of Law News Service, (213) 740-9690 (office) (213) 500-8673 (cell) or email@example.com
USC Law Co-hosts 2018 World Refugee Day: The Community Addresses
Challenges Facing Asylum Seekers and Immigrants in the Trump Era
Experts discuss options following the recent immigration crackdown
WHAT: To commemorate World Refugee Day, USC Gould School of Law, Mayor Eric Garcetti’s office and the Refugee Forum of Los Angeles are co-hosting a regional roundtable to highlight refugee rights in California and addresses challenges facing asylum seekers in the Trump Era.
WHEN: Thursday, June 21, 2018 from 10:30 am – 3:00 pm
WHO: A variety of experts, including USC Gould Prof. Jean Reisz, will discuss options following the recent immigration crackdown (see below for full agenda and speakers).
WHERE: Los Angeles City Hall, Tom Bradley Tower, 200 N Spring St., Los Angeles, CA 90012
PARKING: Joe's Parking, 220 S Spring St. - $11/all-day
RSVP: Space is limited, RSVP required: http://bit.ly/regionalroundtable621
MEDIA QUERIES: email firstname.lastname@example.org
10:30 AM Welcome & Introductions
11:00 AM REGIONAL ROUNDTABLE: ALTERNATIVE SOURCES OF FUNDING (Moderated by Dan Torres, Governor’s Office of Immigrant Integration)
- IRC (Jonathan Fein) - Partnership with private sector for financial capability and civic engagement of refugee
- Opening Doors - Sacramento (Deborah Ortiz) – Collaborative / Grant w. CA communities
- Weingart Foundation (Vy Nguyen) – Funding for operations of R.A.s
- CCF (Efrain Escobedo) LA Justice Fund and asylum seekers TBC Endowment (IRC Los Angeles)
INNOVATIVE SERVICE MODELS(Moderated by Jean Reisz, USC Gould School of Law)
- Newcomers Support and Development (Mohammed Tuama) – recertification of refugee professionals and more re: employment
- TIYYA Foundation (Meymuna Hussein)- Social enterprise ‘Flavors from Afar’ (catering)
- Home For Refugees (Minda Schweizer) – housing services for refugees and the role of faith-based community
- Pedagogical Institute of Los Angeles (Lindsay Feldman) The Nest, play space for refugees
12:40 PM CONCLUSION OF ROUNDTABLE
12:45 PM LUNCH + NETWORKING
1:30 PM STATE ADVISORY COUNCIL MEETING
3:00 PM EVENT ADJOURNS
- Next Article: U.S. SUPREME COURT UPHOLDS TRUMP’S TRAVEL BAN
- Previous Article: USC Law Accepts GRE and LSAT in Next Round of Applications
USC Gould Commencement Day 2023 - Ceremony Videos
May 12, 2023
Join the USC Gould School of Law in celebrating the accomplishments of the Class of 2023!
Katherine Sims JD ’23 to continue championing public service after graduation
May 11, 2023
Through the highly selective CA Attorney General Honors Program, Sims will be joining the CA Department of Justice
Rohan Garg JD ’23 to be Gould’s flag bearer for USC commencement ceremony
May 11, 2023
Garg is a DEI fellow and founder of the trial advocacy team at USC Gould