About USC Gould
USC Gould is a top-ranked law school with a 115-year history and reputation for academic excellence. We are located on the beautiful 228-acre USC University Park Campus, just south of downtown Los Angeles.
Learn about our interdisciplinary curriculum, experiential learning opportunities and specialized areas.
Participate in an unparalleled learning experience with diversity of people and thought. Get involved in the law school community and participate in activities that enhance your studies.
We work closely with students, graduates and employers to support successful career goals and outcomes. Our overall placement rate is consistently strong, with 94 percent of our JD class employed within 10 months after graduation.
Our faculty is distinguished for its scholarship, as well as for its commitment to teaching. Our 12:1 student-to-faculty ratio creates an intimate and collegial learning environment.
- Alumni and Giving
Alumni and Giving
The global Trojan network of more than 10,000 law alumni and donors include recognized leaders in numerous fields who are deeply committed to supporting student and law school success.
Standalone Business Law Certificate - Online
USC Gould School of Law
- ONLINE BUSINESS LAW CERTIFICATE
- APPLICATION INSTRUCTIONS
- TUITION AND FINANCIAL AID
- CONTACT US
The online Business Law Certificate helps meet the growing demand for non-lawyers to become familiar with the numerous ways in which law and policy influence business and industry.
The online Business Law Certificate is ideal for those who do not want to practice law but want to learn more about U.S. law and how it affects their fields, including:
- health care
- human resources
- patent agencies
Why Choose the Business Law Certificate at USC Gould?
The Business Law Certificate — taken independently or concurrently with our online Master of Laws (LLM) or online Master of Studies in Law (MSL) — will provide you with a competitive edge in your field, whether you are a recent university graduate or an established professional.
You will learn alongside our online LLM students and our online MSL students in a dynamic and engaging virtual classroom. Our innovative format fosters interaction among students and our outstanding law faculty, who design courses to ensure you gain a comprehensive understanding of the U.S. legal system. The online curriculum provides a convenient, flexible way to pursue this advanced training, while meeting the demands of your profession.
You can complete the Business Law Certificate in as few as two semesters.
- You must have earned an undergraduate degree by the time you begin the Business Law Certificate. The certificate is also open to anyone who has earned a graduate degree, including a JD or LLM.
- Prior experience in law is not required.
- You are not required to take the LSAT exam; however international applicants are required to take the TOEFL or IELTS exam.
- Applicants who hold a degree from an institution located outside the United States must have their transcripts authenticated and evaluated by the Law School Admission Council (LSAC).
Through the Business Law Certificate, you will:
- learn advanced legal terminology
- expand your legal writing skills
- understand how to perform legal research and analysis
- obtain practical knowledge of the legal profession
- strengthen your critical thinking skills
- be able to thoughtfully read and analyze case law, regulatory policies and statutes
Information on graduation rates, the median debt of students who have completed the program, and other important information, can be found here.