About USC Gould
USC Gould is a top-ranked law school with a 120-year history and reputation for academic excellence. We are located on the beautiful 228-acre USC University Park Campus, just south of downtown Los Angeles.
Learn about our interdisciplinary curriculum, experiential learning opportunities and specialized areas.
Participate in an unparalleled learning experience with diversity of people and thought. Get involved in the law school community and participate in activities that enhance your studies.
We work closely with students, graduates and employers to support successful career goals and outcomes. Our overall placement rate is consistently strong, with 94 percent of our JD class employed within 10 months after graduation.
Our faculty is distinguished for its scholarship, as well as for its commitment to teaching. Our 12:1 student-to-faculty ratio creates an intimate and collegial learning environment.
- Alumni and Giving
Compliance Law Online Certificate
USC Gould School of Law
- ONLINE COMPLIANCE CERTIFICATE
- APPLICATION INSTRUCTIONS
- TUITION AND FINANCIAL AID
- CONTACT US
USC Gould's online Compliance certificate provides you with the fundamental knowledge of compliance and related legal issues necessary to implement compliance protocols or programs in your current or future workplaces. The certificate prepares you for specialization in compliance, related regulation laws and legal issues related to this growing field.
The online Compliance certificate also offers the opportunity to pursue specific compliance-focused online classes that benefit those who work for large organizations that deal with compliance and regulatory issues on a daily basis.
The online Compliance certificate is ideal for those who want to learn more about compliance and how it affects such fields as:
- government and NGOs
- regulatory industries
- healthcare and related business
- human resources and related departments and entities
- employment law
- health care law
Why Choose the Compliance Certificate at USC Gould?
The online Compliance Certificate — taken independently or concurrently with our online Master of Laws (LLM) or online Master of Studies in Law (MSL) — will provide you with a competitive edge in the area of compliance, whether you are a recent university graduate or an established professional.
You will learn alongside our online LLM students and our online MSL students in a dynamic and engaging virtual classroom. Our innovative format fosters interaction among students and our outstanding law faculty, who design courses to ensure you gain a foundation in legal and business issues in the field of compliance. The online curriculum provides a convenient, flexible way to pursue this advanced training, while meeting the demands of your profession.
You can complete the Compliance certificate in as few as three semesters.
Compliance Certificate Board (CCB) Accreditation
The Standalone Online Compliance Certificate is accredited by the Compliance Certification Board (CCB) and meets required standards for compliance education and certification. Students may sit for a CCB exam upon graduation if minimum unit requirements are met as part of their studies. Learn more about the CCB and other accredited USC Gould certificates.
- You must have earned an undergraduate degree or a first law degree by the time you begin the online Compliance certificate. The certificate is also open to anyone who has earned a graduate degree, including a JD or LLM.
- Prior experience in law is not required.
- You are not required to take the LSAT exam; however international applicants are required to take the TOEFL or IELTS exam.
- If you hold a degree from an institution located outside the United States, you must have your transcripts authenticated and evaluated by the Law School Admission Council (LSAC).
If you are completing your undergraduate degree or first law degree, you may apply for admission. You must submit academic records of all law and undergraduate coursework completed at the time you apply. If admitted, you will be required to submit final transcripts showing your degree was awarded before you begin the certificate.
Through the online Compliance certificate, you will:
- learn advanced legal terminology related to compliance
- obtain practical knowledge of the regulatory compliance arena
- strengthen your critical thinking skills
- review and draft legal agreements