About USC Gould
USC Gould is a top-ranked law school with a 115-year history and reputation for academic excellence. We are located on the beautiful 228-acre USC University Park Campus, just south of downtown Los Angeles.
Learn about our rigorous and interdisciplinary curriculum, our invaluable experiential learning opportunities, and the breadth and depth of our specialized areas of concentration and certificate offerings.
Participate in an unparalleled learning experience with diversity of people and thought. Get involved in the law school community and participate in activities that enhance your studies.
We work closely with students, graduates and employers to support successful career goals and outcomes. Our overall placement rate is consistently strong, with 94 percent of our JD class employed within 10 months after graduation.
Our faculty is distinguished for its scholarship, as well as for its commitment to teaching. Our 12:1 student-to-faculty ratio creates an intimate and collegial learning environment.
- Alumni and Giving
Alumni and Giving
The global Trojan network of more than 10,000 law alumni and donors include recognized leaders in numerous fields who are deeply committed to supporting student and law school success.
Online Entertainment Law and Industry
- ONLINE ENTERTAINMENT LAW AND INDUSTRY CERTIFICATE
- APPLICATION REQUIREMENTS
- TUITION AND FINANCIAL AID
- CONTACT US
USC Gould's online Entertainment Law and Industry certificate provides you with the fundamental knowledge of entertainment law necessary to work with legal issues in the entertainment industry, as entertainment lawyers or as non-lawyers with legal-related work in the entertainment field.
Based in the world's entertainment capital, our certificate increases your fluency in laws specific to the demanding film, television and media industries. It will prepare and familiarize you with the business aspects of the entertainment industry, related contracts, work with guilds and other organizations, and copyright and trademark matters.
The online Entertainment Law and Industry certificate is ideal for those who want to learn more about entertainment law and how it affects such fields as:
- film, television, media and other entertainment entities
- guilds and other organizations
- law firms and legal-related entities
- patent and patent agencies
Why Choose the Entertainment Law and Industry Certificate at USC Gould?
The online Entertainment Law and Industry certificate — taken independently or concurrently with our online Master of Laws (LLM) or online Master of Studies in Law (MSL) — will provide you with a competitive edge in the entertainment field, whether you are a recent university graduate or an established professional.
You will learn alongside our online LLM students and our online MSL students in a dynamic and engaging virtual classroom. Our innovative format fosters interaction among students and our outstanding law faculty, who design courses to ensure you gain a foundation in legal and business issues in the entertainment field. The online curriculum provides a convenient, flexible way to pursue this advanced training, while meeting the demands of your profession.
You can complete the Entertainment Law and Industry certificate in as few as three semesters.
- You must have earned a first law degree or an undergraduate degree by the time you begin the online Entertainment Law and Industry certificate.
- Prior experience in law is not required.
- You are not required to take the LSAT exam; however international applicants are required to take the TOEFL or IELTS exam.
- Applicants who hold a degree from an institution located outside the United States must have their transcripts authenticated and evaluated by the Law School Admission Council (LSAC).
If you are completing your first law degree or undergraduate degree, you may apply for admission. You must submit academic records of all law and undergraduate coursework completed at the time you apply. If admitted, you will be required to submit final transcripts showing your degree was awarded before you begin the certificate.
Through the online Entertainment Law and Industry certificate, you will:
- learn advanced legal terminology
- obtain practical knowledge of the legal profession
- strengthen your critical thinking skills
- review and draft legal agreements
- research use of trademarks for clearance and renewals
- review entertainment-related content for compliance with federal and state regulations