About USC Gould
USC Gould is a top-ranked law school with a 115-year history and reputation for academic excellence. We are located on the beautiful 228-acre USC University Park Campus, just south of downtown Los Angeles.
Learn about our rigorous and interdisciplinary curriculum, our invaluable experiential learning opportunities, and the breadth and depth of our specialized areas of concentration and certificate offerings.
Participate in an unparalleled learning experience with diversity of people and thought. Get involved in the law school community and participate in activities that enhance your studies.
We work closely with students, graduates and employers to support successful career goals and outcomes. Our overall placement rate is consistently strong, with 94 percent of our JD class employed within 10 months after graduation.
Our faculty is distinguished for its scholarship, as well as for its commitment to teaching. Our 12:1 student-to-faculty ratio creates an intimate and collegial learning environment.
- Alumni and Giving
Alumni and Giving
The global Trojan network of more than 10,000 law alumni and donors include recognized leaders in numerous fields who are deeply committed to supporting student and law school success.
Standalone Online Human Resources Law and Compliance Certificate
- STANDALONE ONLINE HUMAN RESOURCES LAW AND COMPLIANCE CERTIFICATE
- APPLICATION INSTRUCTIONS
- TUITION AND FINANCIAL AID
- CONTACT US
USC Gould's online Human Resources Law and Compliance certificate provides you with the fundamental knowledge of human resources law and compliance related to employment. The certificate prepares you for a specialization in employment law and compliance, and provides for a deeper understanding of the relevant laws, regulations and legal issues related to human resources.
The online Human Resources Law and Compliance certificate also offers the opportunity to pursue specific human resources law and compliance-focused online classes that benefit those who work for large organizations that deal with employment issues, HR managers who handle negotiations, compliance managers who deal with risk management involving employees, and others in the human resources field.
The online Human Resources Law and Compliance certificate is ideal for those who want to learn more about compliance and how it affects:
- employment law in general
- negotiation and mediation with employees
- discrimination and harassment in the workplace
- risk management and compliance programs related to human resources
Why Choose the Human Resources Law and Compliance Certificate at USC Gould?
The online Compliance Certificate — taken independently or concurrently with our online Master of Studies in Law (MSL) or online Master of Laws (LLM) — will provide you with a competitive edge in the area of compliance, whether you are a recent university graduate or an established professional.
You will learn alongside our online MSL students and our online LLM students in a dynamic and engaging virtual classroom. Our innovative format fosters interaction among students and our outstanding law faculty, who design courses to ensure you gain a foundation in human resources law and compliance. The online curriculum provides a convenient, flexible way to pursue this advanced training, while meeting the demands of your profession.
You can complete the Human Resources Law and Compliance certificate in as few as three semesters.
Compliance Certificate Board (CCB) Accreditation
The Standalone Online Human Resources Law and Compliance Certificate is accredited by the Compliance Certification Board (CCB) and meets required standards for compliance education and certification. Students may sit for a CCB exam upon graduation if minimum unit requirements are met as part of their studies. Learn more about the CCB and other accredited USC Gould certificates.
- You must have earned an undergraduate degree or a first law degree by the time you begin the online Human Resources Law and Compliance certificate.
- Prior experience in law is not required.
- You are not required to take the GRE or LSAT exam; however international applicants are required to take the TOEFL or IELTS exam.
- If you hold a degree from an institution located outside the United States, you must have your transcripts authenticated and evaluated by the Law School Admission Council (LSAC).
If you are completing your undergraduate degree or first law degree, you may apply for admission. You must submit academic records of all law and undergraduate coursework completed at the time you apply. If admitted, you will be required to submit final transcripts showing your degree was awarded before you begin the certificate.
Through the online Human Resources Law and Compliance certificate, you will:
- learn advanced legal terminology related to human resources compliance
- obtain practical knowledge of employment law
- understand ethical behavior in human resources settings
- review legal documents, policies and procedures
- identify best practices
- strengthen your critical thinking skills