About USC Gould
USC Gould is a top-ranked law school with a 115-year history and reputation for academic excellence. We are located on the beautiful 228-acre USC University Park Campus, just south of downtown Los Angeles.
Learn about our rigorous and interdisciplinary curriculum, our invaluable experiential learning opportunities, and the breadth and depth of our specialized areas of concentration and certificate offerings.
- Student Life
Participate in an unparalleled learning experience with diversity of people and thought. Get involved in the law school community and participate in activities that enhance your studies.
We work closely with students, graduates and employers to support successful career goals and outcomes. Our overall placement rate is consistently strong, with 94 percent of our JD class employed within 10 months after graduation.
Our faculty is distinguished for its scholarship, as well as for its commitment to teaching. Our 12:1 student-to-faculty ratio creates an intimate and collegial learning environment.
- Alumni and Giving
Alumni and Giving
The global Trojan network of more than 10,000 law alumni and donors include recognized leaders in numerous fields who are deeply committed to supporting student and law school success.
LLM in Alternative Dispute Resolution (LLM in ADR) Degree
- LLM IN ALTERNATIVE DISPUTE RESOLUTION (LLM IN ADR) DEGREE
- APPLICATION INSTRUCTIONS
- CAMPUS HOUSING
- TUITION AND FINANCIAL AID
- CONTACT US
Our Master of Laws in Alternative Dispute Resolution (LLM in ADR) is designed for exceptional law graduates and attorneys interested in building strength as an advocate in ADR processes or gaining skills and a prestigious credential for pursuing career opportunities as a mediator or arbitrator.
The LLM in ADR is offered by USC Gould's comprehensive Judge Judith O. Hollinger Program in Alternative Dispute Resolution. It is a 24 unit degree program and is offered on a part-time or full-time basis. Students may begin their studies in the fall or spring semesters.
In addition to building valuable negotiation, mediation and arbitration skills as an advocate for a client or as a neutral, you will develop a deep understanding of underlying policies and legal ramifications for a full range of ADR options.
Why Choose USC Gould?
Top reasons to pursue the LLM in ADR at USC Gould:
- Earn a master's degree from a top 20 law school that's also recognized by LLM Guide as offering one of the top 10 ADR programs in the world.
- Complete your degree in as little as one year.
- ADR is one of the fastest-growing fields — less than 2 percent of lawsuits make it to trial; today an overwhelming majority of litigation disputes are resolved through ADR.
- Convenient and flexible scheduling — Classes are held during the day, in the evening and on weekends to accommodate working professionals. The law school is located on the USC University Park Campus in Los Angeles.
- Scholarships & Housing Stipends offered — All applicants will be considered automatically for our scholarship awards and housing stipends. Exceptional candidates will receive a prestigious Dean's Academic Excellence Award. Our scholarship awards and stipends range in amounts.
- Receive career and professional support — includes workshops and individually tailored advice on developing your career plan for mediation or arbitration, as well as mentorship opportunities with dispute resolution professionals and tools for exam preparation.
- Join the Trojan Family — a renowned network of 375,000 alumni who are deeply committed to furthering the success of USC graduates. Our more than 10,000 law graduates include partners in the world's largest law firms, leaders of civil rights movements, and CEOs and presidents of multibillion-dollar companies.
- Gain hands-on practical skill development — learn from faculty who are top-tier neutrals and bring decades of experience in dispute resolution. You'll also have access to clinical and experiential learning opportunities that help you become a seasoned professional. You will mediate real cases through our Practical Mediation Skills Clinic.
- Create new career opportunities — organizations increasingly use dispute resolution processes to handle business and human resources issues. ADR expertise increases your marketability for a range of work settings, including business, government, human resources, counseling, education and social work. Lawyers trained in dispute resolution also learn to become better advocates for clients regardless of the area of practice.
The LLM in ADR is ideal for:
- Professionals seeking a career path as a mediator, arbitrator, trainer or dispute resolution consultant
- ADR practitioners who seek to deepen their expertise
- Lawyers seeking to become better advocates through the ADR process
- In-house counsel who assist organizations with conflict management
- International attorneys interested in designing ADR processes in their home countries
- Academics who seek to sharpen their understanding and credentials in dispute resolution
- Recent graduates seeking to further their career goals
USC Gould offers an alternative master's degree in dispute resolution. Learn more about the Master of Dispute Resolution (MDR).
View our ADR Programs Flowchart to see which offering might be the best fit for you.
Now Accepting Applications for Fall 2018
Talk with us in person — we will have a representative at the upcoming conferences: