About USC Gould
USC Gould is a top-ranked law school with a 115-year history and reputation for academic excellence. We are located on the beautiful 228-acre USC University Park Campus, just south of downtown Los Angeles.
Learn about our rigorous and interdisciplinary curriculum, our invaluable experiential learning opportunities, and the breadth and depth of our specialized areas of concentration and certificate offerings.
- Student Life
Participate in an unparalleled learning experience with diversity of people and thought. Get involved in the law school community and participate in activities that enhance your studies.
We work closely with students, graduates and employers to support successful career goals and outcomes. Our overall placement rate is consistently strong, with 94 percent of our JD class employed within 10 months after graduation.
Our faculty is distinguished for its scholarship, as well as for its commitment to teaching. Our 12:1 student-to-faculty ratio creates an intimate and collegial learning environment.
- Alumni and Giving
Alumni and Giving
The global Trojan network of more than 10,000 law alumni and donors include recognized leaders in numerous fields who are deeply committed to supporting student and law school success.
Faculty Workshops and Conferences
- FACULTY DIRECTORY
- LECTURERS IN LAW DIRECTORY
- EXPERTS DIRECTORY
- FACULTY IN THE NEWS
- SCHOLARSHIP AND PUBLICATIONS
- DISTINCTIONS AND AWARDS
- + CENTERS
- CENTER FOR TRANSNATIONAL LAW AND BUSINESS (CTLB)
- CENTER FOR LAW AND PHILOSOPHY (CLP)
- CENTER FOR LAW AND SOCIAL SCIENCE (CLASS)
- CENTER FOR LAW, HISTORY AND CULTURE (CLHC)
- INITIATIVE AND REFERENDUM INSTITUTE (IRI)
- PACIFIC CENTER FOR HEALTH POLICY AND ETHICS
- SAKS INSTITUTE FOR MENTAL HEALTH LAW, POLICY, AND ETHICS
- WORKSHOPS AND CONFERENCES
Location: USC Gould School of Law, Rm. 130 (unless otherwise stated)
Time: 12:00 - 1:30 p.m., every other Thursday (unless otherwise stated)
- August 31, 12:00 PM - 1:30 PM (Room 101) (Faculty Workshop)
Speaker: Sharmila Sohoni (University of San Diego, School of Law)
Title: "Trump as Rights: Presidential Lochnerism and Constitutional Culture."
- September 14- 21, 12:00 PM - 1:30 PM (Room 101) (Faculty Workshop)
Speaker: Alexandra Natapoff (UCI School of Law)
Title: "Misdemeanor Wrongful Convictions"
- October 19, 12:00 PM - 1:30 PM (Room 101) (Faculty Workshop)
Speaker: Dov Fox (San Diego Law School)
- November 30, 12:00 PM - 1:30 PM (Room 101) (Faculty Workshop)
Speaker: Jeff Helmreich (UC Irvine)
- February 01, 12:00 PM - 1:30 PM (Room 101) (Faculty Workshop)
Speaker: Susan Silbey (MIT, Anthropology)
- March 01, 12:00 PM - 1:30 PM (Room 101) (Faculty Workshop)
Speaker: Douglas Massey (Princeton University)
- March 08, 12:00 PM - 1:30 PM (Room 101) (Faculty Workshop)
Speaker: John Witt (Yale University)
“Economics of Legal History.” In The Oxford Handbook of Law and Economics, Vol. 3: Public Law and Legal Institutions, edited by Francesco Parisi. New York: Oxford University Press, 2017.
“Taxing Wealth Seriously.” Tax Law Review 70 (2017): 305.
“Reinventing Business Taxation: The Dual Business Enterprise Income Tax,” posted to SSRN.