About USC Gould
USC Gould is a top-ranked law school with a 120-year history and reputation for academic excellence. We are located on the beautiful 228-acre USC University Park Campus, just south of downtown Los Angeles.
Learn about our interdisciplinary curriculum, experiential learning opportunities and specialized areas.
Participate in an unparalleled learning experience with diversity of people and thought. Get involved in the law school community and participate in activities that enhance your studies.
We work closely with students, graduates and employers to support successful career goals and outcomes. Our overall placement rate is consistently strong, with 94 percent of our JD class employed within 10 months after graduation.
Our faculty is distinguished for its scholarship, as well as for its commitment to teaching. Our 12:1 student-to-faculty ratio creates an intimate and collegial learning environment.
- Alumni and Giving
Financial Compliance Online Certificate
USC Gould School of Law
- ONLINE FINANCIAL COMPLIANCE CERTIFICATE
- APPLICATION INSTRUCTIONS
- TUITION AND FINANCIAL AID
- CONTACT US
USC Gould's online Financial Compliance certificate provides you with the fundamental knowledge of financial compliance, including regulations for financial institutions, and governance of corporate entities and global organizations. The certificate prepares you for a specialization in Financial Compliance, and provides for a deeper understanding of the relevant laws, regulations and legal issues related to this growing field.
The online Financial Compliance certificate also offers the opportunity to pursue specific financial- and compliance-focused online classes that benefit those who work for financial institutions or in finance departments that deal with financial compliance and finance-related regulatory issues on a daily basis.
The online Financial Compliance certificate is ideal for those who want to learn more about compliance and how it affects such fields as:
- financial advisory services
- regulated industries
- securities departments
Why Choose the Financial Compliance Certificate at USC Gould?
The online Financial Compliance Certificate — taken independently or concurrently with our online Master of Studies in Law (MSL) or online Master of Laws (LLM) — will provide you with a competitive edge in the area of compliance, whether you are a recent university graduate or an established professional.
You will learn alongside our online MSL students and our online LLM students in a dynamic and engaging virtual classroom. Our innovative format fosters interaction among students and our outstanding law faculty, who design courses to ensure you gain a foundation in legal and business issues in the field of financial compliance. The online curriculum provides a convenient, flexible way to pursue this advanced training, while meeting the demands of your profession.
You can complete the Financial Compliance certificate in as few as three semesters.
Compliance Certificate Board (CCB) Accreditation
The Standalone Online Financial Compliance Certificate is accredited by the Compliance Certification Board (CCB) and meets required standards for compliance education and certification. Students may sit for a CCB exam upon graduation if they complete 16 units in related coursework as part of their studies and earn a cumulative GPA of 3.0 at USC Gould School of Law. Learn more about the CCB and other accredited USC Gould certificates.
- You must have earned an undergraduate degree or a first law degree by the time you begin the online Financial Compliance certificate. The certificate is also open to anyone who has earned a graduate degree, including a JD or LLM.
- Prior experience in law is not required.
- You are not required to take the GRE or LSAT exam; however international applicants are required to take the TOEFL or IELTS exam.
- If you hold a degree from an institution located outside the United States, you must have your transcripts authenticated and evaluated by the Law School Admission Council (LSAC).
If you are completing your undergraduate degree or first law degree, you may apply for admission. You must submit academic records of all law and undergraduate coursework completed at the time you apply. If admitted, you will be required to submit final transcripts showing your degree was awarded before you begin the certificate.
Through the online Financial Compliance certificate, you will:
- learn advanced legal terminology related to finance and compliance
- obtain practical knowledge of the financial regulatory compliance arena
- understand financial risk management procedures
- review legal documents, policies and procedures
- identify best practices
- strengthen your critical thinking skills