About USC Gould
USC Gould is a top-ranked law school with a 120-year history and reputation for academic excellence. We are located on the beautiful 228-acre USC University Park Campus, just south of downtown Los Angeles.
Learn about our interdisciplinary curriculum, experiential learning opportunities and specialized areas.
Participate in an unparalleled learning experience with diversity of people and thought. Get involved in the law school community and participate in activities that enhance your studies.
We work closely with students, graduates and employers to support successful career goals and outcomes. Our overall placement rate is consistently strong, with 94 percent of our JD class employed within 10 months after graduation.
Our faculty is distinguished for its scholarship, as well as for its commitment to teaching. Our 12:1 student-to-faculty ratio creates an intimate and collegial learning environment.
- Alumni and Giving
Master of Laws (LLM) in Privacy Law and Cybersecurity
USC Gould School of Law
- MASTER OF LAWS (LLM) IN PRIVACY LAW AND CYBERSECURITY
- APPLICATION INSTRUCTIONS
- CAREER AND BAR
- CAMPUS HOUSING
- + TUITION AND FINANCIAL AID
- ONE-YEAR MASTER OF LAWS (LLM) DEGREE
- TWO-YEAR MASTER OF LAWS (LLM) DEGREE
- INTERNATIONAL BUSINESS AND ECONOMIC LAW (IBEL) LLM DEGREE
- ALTERNATIVE DISPUTE RESOLUTION (ADR) LLM DEGREE
- ONLINE MASTER OF LAWS DEGREE (LLM)
- SUMMER LAW AND ENGLISH (SLE)
- CONTACT US
The Master of Laws (LLM) in Privacy Law and Cybersecurity degree provides an interdisciplinary perspective for law students who wish to develop skills that will enable them to understand and integrate relevant laws, policies and best practices that shape privacy law and cybersecurity.
As a student earning the LLM in Privacy Law and Cybersecurity degree, you will have the opportunity to explore the legal framework concerning information privacy in the U.S. and common legal issues and emerging law in the areas of privacy and cybersecurity. Knowledge of privacy laws and awareness of cybersecurity issues will provide you with the ability to mitigate risk and deal with threats in the workplace.
The LLM in Privacy Law and Cybersecurity is a one-year, 24-unit degree program offered on campus on a full-time basis, and enrollment is limited to the fall semester. This LLM is open to anyone with a law degree (JD, LLB or equivalent).
Why Choose USC Gould?
Top reasons to pursue the Master of Laws in Privacy Law and Cybersecurity degree at USC Gould:
- Earn a master's degree from a top 20 law school, as ranked by U.S. News & World Report.
- Scholarships & Housing Stipends offered — All applicants will be considered automatically for our scholarship awards and housing stipends. Exceptional candidates will receive a prestigious Privacy Law and Cybersecurity Scholars Award.
- Receive career and professional support — USC Gould offers workshops and individually tailored advice on developing your career plan, as well as mentorship opportunities and tools for law school exam preparation and bar exam preparation.
- Join the Trojan Family — A renowned network of over 375,000 alumni who are deeply committed to furthering the success of USC graduates, our more than 12,000 law graduates include partners in the world's largest law firms as well as CEOs and presidents of multibillion-dollar companies.
- Evaluate, manage and mitigate risk associated with the acquiring, storage/retention, use, sharing and disposing of data.
- Identify privacy and data protection issues across various sectors.
- Understand the legal aspects of cyber risks in different business sectors, including legal issues with computer hacking crimes, identity theft, internet fraud, malware and phishing offenses, and civil torts.
- Identify threats to cybersecurity and the necessary compliance frameworks for cybersecurity.
- Communicate effectively about privacy and data protection issues.
- Demonstrate solutions to relevant stakeholders such as customers, end users, suppliers, vendors, regulatory authorities, and others.