About USC Gould
USC Gould is a top-ranked law school with a 115-year history and reputation for academic excellence. We are located on the beautiful 228-acre USC University Park Campus, just south of downtown Los Angeles.
Learn about our rigorous and interdisciplinary curriculum, our invaluable experiential learning opportunities, and the breadth and depth of our specialized areas of concentration and certificate offerings.
- Student Life
Participate in an unparalleled learning experience with diversity of people and thought. Get involved in the law school community and participate in activities that enhance your studies.
We work closely with students, graduates and employers to support successful career goals and outcomes. Our overall placement rate is consistently strong, with 94 percent of our JD class employed within 10 months after graduation.
Our faculty is distinguished for its scholarship, as well as for its commitment to teaching. Our 12:1 student-to-faculty ratio creates an intimate and collegial learning environment.
- Alumni and Giving
Alumni and Giving
The global Trojan network of more than 10,000 law alumni and donors include recognized leaders in numerous fields who are deeply committed to supporting student and law school success.
Who We Are
Saks Institute for Mental Health Law, Policy, and Ethics
- SAKS INSTITUTE FOR MENTAL HEALTH LAW, POLICY, AND ETHICS
- WHO WE ARE
- TEN GUIDING PRINCIPLES
- AREAS OF FOCUS
- BOARDS OF THE INSTITUTE
- STUDENT SCHOLARS
- EVENTS AND VIDEO
- CONTACT US
Founder and Faculty Director
Her memoir, has garnered such honors as:
- The John D. and Catherine T. MacArthur Fellowship, the “Genius Grant”
- A New York Times “Extended Best Seller”
- The Time Magazine “Top Ten Nonfiction Books of the Year” Award
- An Honorary LLD from Pepperdine University
- A Hospital ward named after her at Pelham Woods Hospital in Dorking, England
Saks’ scholarship and practice include:
- Worked as a legal intern in the Mental Health Law Project at Yale Legal Services
- Represented Patients in Civil Commitment Hearings and Abuse/Neglect Cases
- Consulted as an Expert in Cases Involving Multiple Personality Disorder and the Law
- Teaches Civil and Criminal Mental Health Law
- Trained as Research Psychoanalyst at the New Center for Psychoanalysis
- Writes widely in the area of law and mental health
Oh, the Places You’ll Go
March 20, 2019
Profile of USC Gould alumna, Nicole Gates JD 2013
At 70, Moot Court Offers High Drama
March 19, 2019
This year's competition marked the 70th anniversary of the honors program
A Focus on Modern-Day Civil Rights
March 19, 2019
Attorney and advocate Vanita Gupta joins Q&A spanning her democracy work