About USC Gould
USC Gould is a top-ranked law school with a 120-year history and reputation for academic excellence. We are located on the beautiful 228-acre USC University Park Campus, just south of downtown Los Angeles.
Learn about our interdisciplinary curriculum, experiential learning opportunities and specialized areas.
USC Gould helps prepare you for a stellar legal career. You can pursue a JD degree, one of our numerous graduate and international offerings, or an online degree or certificate.
Participate in an unparalleled learning experience with diversity of people and thought. Get involved in the law school community and participate in activities that enhance your studies.
We work closely with students, graduates and employers to support successful career goals and outcomes. Our overall placement rate is consistently strong, with 94 percent of our JD class employed within 10 months after graduation.
Our faculty is distinguished for its scholarship, as well as for its commitment to teaching. Our 12:1 student-to-faculty ratio creates an intimate and collegial learning environment.
- Alumni and Giving
Alternative Dispute Resolution (ADR) Certificate
USC Gould School of Law
- STANDALONE ALTERNATIVE DISPUTE RESOLUTION (ADR) CERTIFICATE
- APPLICATION INSTRUCTIONS
- TUITION AND FINANCIAL AID
- CENTER FOR DISPUTE RESOLUTION
- MASTER OF LAWS (LLM) IN ALTERNATIVE DISPUTE RESOLUTION
- MASTER OF DISPUTE RESOLUTION (MDR) DEGREE
- ORGANIZATIONS, EVENTS AND NEWS
- CONTACT US
Register for our free virtual Live Lecture Series taught by USC Gould faculty here!
Our standalone certificate in Alternative Dispute Resolution (ADR) offers specialized training in this ever-growing field. In addition to building valuable negotiation, mediation and arbitration credentials, students develop a keen understanding of underlying policies and legal ramifications for a range of ADR options. Ideal for professionals who want to advance their careers by incorporating dispute resolution practices and skills into their organizations, this certificate attracts professionals from a wide variety of industries and backgrounds.
The 12-unit ADR certificate is offered on a part-time basis. Students may begin their studies in the fall or spring semesters. No law degree or LSAT is required to apply for the ADR certificate. In addition to exceptional in-class education opportunities, including taking courses with LLM in ADR and Master of Dispute Resolution candidates, certificate students gain access to the vast network and resources offered by USC Gould School of Law.
Why Choose the ADR Certificate at USC Gould?
- Earn a master's degree from a top-20 law school recognized by LLM Guide as offering one of the top 10 dispute resolution ADR programs in the world.
- Gain a competitive edge in your field, whether you are a recent university graduate or an established professional.
- Learn alongside JD, LLM, LLM in ADR and MDR students in dynamic and engaging classrooms.
- The ADR curriculum provides a convenient, flexible way to pursue advanced training while meeting your professional and personal obligations.
- Complete the ADR certificate in as few as two semesters.
I chose USC Gould because of its outstanding reputation, diverse student body, wide range of studies, and flexible schedule. Working side by side with lawyers and non-lawyers from around the world gave me a broad range of perspectives that is invaluable for my legal practice.
Tina Espili, ADR Certificate 2018
The freestanding ADR certificate is ideal for:
- ADR practitioners who seek to deepen their expertise
- Lawyers seeking to become better advocates through the ADR process
- In-house counsel who assist organizations with conflict management
- Professionals whose current roles would be enhanced by ADR training
- Academics who seek to sharpen their understanding and credentials in dispute resolution
- Recent graduates seeking to further their career goals
Through the standalone ADR certificate, you will:
- Develop an understanding of the wide variety of dispute resolution policies and issues that affect practitioners in an ADR practice.
- Learn valuable methods for resolving disagreements among parties instead of through costly, time-consuming lawsuits.
Learn more about eligibility for the ADR certificate and apply online.