About USC Gould
USC Gould is a top-ranked law school with a 120-year history and reputation for academic excellence. We are located on the beautiful 228-acre USC University Park Campus, just south of downtown Los Angeles.
Learn about our interdisciplinary curriculum, experiential learning opportunities and specialized areas.
Participate in an unparalleled learning experience with diversity of people and thought. Get involved in the law school community and participate in activities that enhance your studies.
We work closely with students, graduates and employers to support successful career goals and outcomes. Our overall placement rate is consistently strong, with 94 percent of our JD class employed within 10 months after graduation.
Our faculty is distinguished for its scholarship, as well as for its commitment to teaching. Our 12:1 student-to-faculty ratio creates an intimate and collegial learning environment.
- Alumni and Giving
Alumni and Giving
The global Trojan network of more than 10,000 law alumni and donors include recognized leaders in numerous fields who are deeply committed to supporting student and law school success.
Alternative Dispute Resolution (ADR)
- + AREAS OF CONCENTRATION
- ALTERNATIVE DISPUTE RESOLUTION
- BUSINESS LAW
- MEDIA, ENTERTAINMENT AND TECHNOLOGY LAW
- PUBLIC INTEREST LAW
- + EXPERIENTIAL LEARNING
- UNDERGRADUATE COURSES AND PROGRAMS
- CORPORATE AND CUSTOM EDUCATION
- + NON-DEGREE PROGRAMS
- ACADEMIC CALENDAR
- COURSE DESCRIPTIONS
- BAR ADMISSIONS
Apply now for Fall 2021!
- Waive your $75 application fee and receive priority scholarship consideration if you apply by March 1
- Waive your $30 LSAC report fee if you complete our survey before you apply by March 1
USC Gould School of Law Center for Dispute Resolution is one of the nation's longest-standing and most comprehensive offerings in arbitration and mediation. Students in the program learn to negotiate many types of settlements out of court while gaining skills relevant to any area of legal or business practice.
Overview and Faculty
Learn about the benefits of this area of concentration in our alternative dispute resolution (ADR) overview and meet our dedicated ADR faculty.
Curriculum and Degrees
Earn a degree and/or certificate in alternative dispute resolution — one of the most dynamic fields within law and business today.
Benefit from a wide range of hands-on skills training, often in direct service to clients.
- Mediation Clinic
- Advanced Mediation Clinic
- Family Law Mediation Clinic
- Practicums/Externships (JD)
- International Arbitration Competition (JD)
- International Arbitration Moot Competition at American University Washington College of Law
- Willem C. Vis International Commercial Arbitration Moot Competition
- Inter-University ADR Scrimmage
Organizations, Events and News
Join the Gould Dispute Resolution Society as USC Gould students to further promote educational and networking opportunities.
Attend professional conferences and speaker series to learn from some of the field's leading practitioners, such as:
- ADR Speaker Series
- USC-JAMS Arbitration Institute's Annual Symposium - USC Gould School of Law
- USC-JAMS Arbitration Institute's Entertainment ADR Symposium - USC Gould School of Law
Attend a recruiting event near you:
Read about ADR faculty, students, and alumni in the news:
Dr. Terrence Roberts of the Little Rock Nine shares his experiences with Gould students as part of the BLSA Trailblazers...
Prof. Erik Hovenkamp has been awarded for his research in the field of antitrust law
Rescuing the American dream
February 24, 2021
Professor Ed Kleinbard’s new book proposes insurance as hedge against inequality