About USC Gould
USC Gould is a top-ranked law school with a 115-year history and reputation for academic excellence. We are located on the beautiful 228-acre USC University Park Campus, just south of downtown Los Angeles.
Learn about our rigorous and interdisciplinary curriculum, our invaluable experiential learning opportunities, and the breadth and depth of our specialized areas of concentration and certificate offerings.
- Student Life
Participate in an unparalleled learning experience with diversity of people and thought. Get involved in the law school community and participate in activities that enhance your studies.
We work closely with students, graduates and employers to support successful career goals and outcomes. Our overall placement rate is consistently strong, with 94 percent of our JD class employed within 10 months after graduation.
Our faculty is distinguished for its scholarship, as well as for its commitment to teaching. Our 12:1 student-to-faculty ratio creates an intimate and collegial learning environment.
- Alumni and Giving
Alumni and Giving
The global Trojan network of more than 10,000 law alumni and donors include recognized leaders in numerous fields who are deeply committed to supporting student and law school success.
- JURIS DOCTOR (JD) DEGREE
- + CURRICULUM
- CURRICULUM OVERVIEW
- JD DEGREE REQUIREMENTS
- COURSE DESCRIPTIONS
- CLASS RANK AND GRADING
- CLINICS AND PRACTICUMS
- DUAL DEGREES
- STUDY ABROAD
- DATES AND DEADLINES
- CLASS PROFILE
- + TUITION AND FINANCIAL AID
- COST OF ATTENDANCE
- COST AND VALUE
- TYPES OF AID
- FRANK ROTHMAN SCHOLARS
- PUBLIC INTEREST SCHOLARS
- HONORS SCHOLARS
- FIRST GENERATION PROFESSIONALS
- LOAN REPAYMENT ASSISTANCE PROGRAM (LRAP)
- EXPERIENTIAL LEARNING
- RECRUITMENT EVENTS
- APPLICATION INSTRUCTIONS
- + ALTERNATE ADMISSIONS PATHS
- TRANSFER STUDENTS
- VISITING STUDENTS
- HOUSING AND TRANSPORTATION
- ABA REQUIRED DISCLOSURES
- CONTACT US
Spend your final year of legal studies as a visiting student at USC Gould and receive transfer credit to apply back to your home law school. As a visiting student, you will have the opportunity to avail yourself of all USC Gould resources and experience the Trojan network during your studies here.
To be considered for admission as a visiting student at USC Gould, you must:
- be enrolled in a law school approved by the American Bar Association
- have completed the equivalent of two years of full-time law school studies
- be in good standing and eligible to continue your studies at your current law school
Visitors are not eligible to receive the JD from USC Gould.
You will be expected to coordinate administrative details regarding bar certification with the registrar at your degree-granting law school.
To apply as a visiting student, complete the Regular Transfer Application online through the Law School Admission Council (LSAC) and select the "visiting" option from the "application type" drop-down menu. The application will become available on May 1, 2019.
To be considered, you must apply by the deadline and include the following application components:
- include a personal statement explaining why you wish to spend your final year at USC Gould
- arrange to have an official copy of your complete law school transcript sent directly to USC Gould
- request a letter from your law school dean or registrar that certifies you are in good standing and that credits earned at USC Gould will be transferable to your law school (the certification letter must be sent directly to USC Gould)
- re-subscribe to the Credential Assembly Service (CAS) so we may request a copy of your current CAS Report directly from LSAC
- Although letters of recommendation are not considered in the review process for visitor applicants, you must activate one of your letters so that LSAC can release your application to us.
Transcripts and certification letters should be mailed to:USC Gould School of Law
Office of Admissions
699 Exposition Boulevard
Los Angeles, CA 90089-0074
USC Gould requires a nonrefundable $75 application fee. Fee waivers are not available to visiting applicants.
Decisions regarding visiting students are made between late July and early August. You will be notified via email and postal mail. No admissions decisions will be released over the phone.
Visiting students are not eligible for scholarship support or USC-administered financial aid. Your home institution will process any federal financial aid for which you are eligible. For you to receive federal loans, a consortium agreement must be completed and signed by your home institution and USC Gould.
Start the online application process.
Schedule a Tour
Come experience life at USC Gould.
Visit a Classroom
Sit in on a real class session.
Request More Information
Download or request a copy of our informative viewbook by postal mail.
Check Application Status
Check your application status online.
Meet your JD student ambassadors.
Admitted Students Portal
Log in to our admitted students portal.
Still have questions? Let us help.