About USC Gould
USC Gould is a top-ranked law school with a 115-year history and reputation for academic excellence. We are located on the beautiful 228-acre USC University Park Campus, just south of downtown Los Angeles.
Learn about our interdisciplinary curriculum, experiential learning opportunities and specialized areas.
Participate in an unparalleled learning experience with diversity of people and thought. Get involved in the law school community and participate in activities that enhance your studies.
We work closely with students, graduates and employers to support successful career goals and outcomes. Our overall placement rate is consistently strong, with 94 percent of our JD class employed within 10 months after graduation.
Our faculty is distinguished for its scholarship, as well as for its commitment to teaching. Our 12:1 student-to-faculty ratio creates an intimate and collegial learning environment.
- Alumni and Giving
Alumni and Giving
The global Trojan network of more than 10,000 law alumni and donors include recognized leaders in numerous fields who are deeply committed to supporting student and law school success.
Types of Aid - Juris Doctor (JD)
USC Gould School of Law
- JURIS DOCTOR (JD) DEGREE
- + CURRICULUM
- CURRICULUM OVERVIEW
- JD DEGREE REQUIREMENTS
- COURSE DESCRIPTIONS
- CLASS RANK AND GRADING
- CLINICS AND PRACTICUMS
- DUAL DEGREES
- STUDY ABROAD
- DATES AND DEADLINES
- CLASS PROFILE
- + TUITION AND FINANCIAL AID
- COST OF ATTENDANCE
- COST AND VALUE
- TYPES OF AID
- FRANK ROTHMAN SCHOLARS
- PUBLIC INTEREST SCHOLARS
- HONORS SCHOLARS
- FIRST GENERATION PROFESSIONALS
- LOAN REPAYMENT ASSISTANCE PROGRAM (LRAP)
- EXPERIENTIAL LEARNING
- RECRUITMENT EVENTS
- APPLICATION INSTRUCTIONS
- + ALTERNATE ADMISSIONS PATHS
- TRANSFER STUDENTS
- VISITING STUDENTS
- HOUSING AND TRANSPORTATION
- ABA REQUIRED DISCLOSURES
- CONTACT US
USC Gould Scholarships
All incoming first-year students are automatically considered for scholarships, with more than 95 percent receiving some form of support. The average scholarship award is $37,000, with a range of awards between $10,000 and full tuition.
All scholarship offers are made before you enter USC Gould and are guaranteed for all three years of law school as long as you maintain full-time enrollment. Our scholarships ensure you have a clear understanding of the entire cost of your USC Gould legal education before you take your first class.
Scholarship awards are based on merit and the overall strength of the application. We are committed to diversity in our student body, as the resulting broadened scope of views benefits all. We want to support students who will thrive and excel, not just academically but also personally and professionally.
No single factor determines whether a scholarship award will be made. If you believe our offer is not competitive with that of a peer institution, and you truly desire to enroll at USC Gould, please give us the opportunity to reconsider our subsidy level. While we will not enter a bidding competition, we are happy to consider revising our scholarship offer.
Veterans Education Benefits/Yellow Ribbon Program
USC Gould is proud to participate in the Yellow Ribbon GI Education Enhancement Program. If you meet the specified criteria and your enrollment is confirmed by the USC Veterans Certification Office, you may be able to earn up to a full-tuition award via a combination of veterans benefits and USC Gould assistance.
USC Gould participates in several federal, low-interest loan programs for our students:
- Federal Stafford Loan: Graduate/professional students can borrow up to $20,500 per year in low-interest loans offered the U.S. Department of Education. Direct Stafford Loans have a fixed interest rate, and repayment begins six months after graduation. You are responsible for interest that accrues while you are enrolled. You have the option of making interest payments or having the interest added to the principal at repayment.
- Federal Graduate PLUS Loan: This program enables you to borrow up to the cost of attendance, less any other financial aid received. Federal Graduate PLUS Loans have a fixed interest rate, and a credit check is required for approval. Note that this is an unsubsidized loan, meaning interest begins to accrue upon disbursement and is the borrower's responsibility. Payments of principal and interest can be deferred while you are enrolled at USC Gould. Repayment begins six months after graduation.
- Private Educational Loans: Like the Federal PLUS Loan, these private educational loans can also cover amounts up to the cost of attendance, less other financial aid received. One major difference is that they have a variable interest rate determined by the lender upon review of your credit history. We encourage you to contact the USC Gould Financial Aid Office to help you weigh the pros and cons of these loans.
Loan Repayment Assistance Program (LRAP)
USC Gould offers a Loan Repayment Assistance Program (LRAP) to assist graduates pursuing careers in public service and public interest law. You may be eligible to receive an LRAP loan or loan forgiveness, depending on your circumstances.
Start the online application process.
Schedule a Tour
Come experience life at USC Gould.
Visit a Classroom
Sit in on a real class session.
Request More Information
Download or request a copy of our informative viewbook by postal mail.
Check Application Status
Check your application status online.
Meet your JD student ambassadors.
Admitted Students Portal
Log in to our admitted students portal.
Still have questions? Let us help.