About USC Gould
USC Gould is a top-ranked law school with a 120-year history and reputation for academic excellence. We are located on the beautiful 228-acre USC University Park Campus, just south of downtown Los Angeles.
Learn about our interdisciplinary curriculum, experiential learning opportunities and specialized areas.
Student Quick Links:
USC Gould helps prepare you for a stellar legal career. You can pursue a JD degree, one of our numerous graduate and international offerings, or an online degree or certificate.
Participate in an unparalleled learning experience with diversity of people and thought. Get involved in the law school community and participate in activities that enhance your studies.
Student Quick Links:
We work closely with students, graduates and employers to support successful career goals and outcomes. Our overall placement rate is consistently strong, with 94 percent of our JD class employed within 10 months after graduation.
Our faculty is distinguished for its scholarship, as well as for its commitment to teaching. Our 12:1 student-to-faculty ratio creates an intimate and collegial learning environment.
- Alumni and Giving
Master of Laws in International Business and Economic Law (LLM in IBEL)
USC Gould School of Law
- MASTER OF LAWS (LLM) IN INTERNATIONAL BUSINESS AND ECONOMIC LAW
- APPLICATION INSTRUCTIONS
- CAREER AND BAR
- CAMPUS HOUSING
- + TUITION AND FINANCIAL AID
- ONE-YEAR MASTER OF LAWS (LLM) DEGREE
- TWO-YEAR MASTER OF LAWS (LLM) DEGREE
- ALTERNATIVE DISPUTE RESOLUTION (ADR) LLM DEGREE
- PRIVACY LAW AND CYBERSECURITY (PLCS) LLM DEGREE
- ONLINE MASTER OF LAWS DEGREE (LLM)
- SUMMER LAW AND ENGLISH (SLE)
- CONTACT US
The LLM in International Business and Economic Law degree is offered through the USC Gould School of Law in connection with its Center for Transnational Law and Business. The center promotes world-class policy analysis, research and educational opportunities in international law, business and policy.
As a student earning the LLM in International Business and Economic Law degree, you will develop a global perspective and interdisciplinary skills that will enable you to understand and integrate relevant laws, policies and business best practices that shape international commerce and trade. You will receive training in negotiating and facilitating cross-border transactions, and master the organizational, transactional and compliance aspects of servicing globally engaged clients.
The LLM in International Business and Economic Law is a one-year, 24-unit degree program offered on campus on a full-time basis, and enrollment is limited to the fall semester. This LLM is open to anyone with a law degree (JD, LLB or equivalent).
Why Choose USC Gould?
Top reasons to pursue the Master of Laws in International Business and Economic Law degree at USC Gould:
- Earn a master's degree from a top 20 law school, as ranked by U.S. News & World Report.
- Scholarships & Housing Stipends offered — All applicants will be considered automatically for our scholarship awards and housing stipends. Exceptional candidates will receive a prestigious International Business Scholars Award.
- Receive career and professional support — USC Gould offers workshops and individually tailored advice on developing your career plan, as well as mentorship opportunities and tools for law school exam preparation and bar exam preparation.
- Join the Trojan Family — A renowned network of over 375,000 alumni who are deeply committed to furthering the success of USC graduates, our more than 12,000 law graduates include partners in the world's largest law firms as well as CEOs and presidents of multibillion-dollar companies.
- Demonstrate a general understanding of the organizational, transactional and compliance aspects of servicing global clients
- Identify practical issues that transactional lawyers confront when advising business organizations across the globe.
- Understand relevant laws, policies and business best practices related to international commerce and trade
- Develop a basic understanding of regulatory regimes governing business practices which multinational and other companies that are engaged in cross-border transactions must comply with.
- Practice negotiation skills relevant to cross-border transactions.
THE LATEST NEWS. REDEFINED.
USC Gould, Dornsife Department of Economics launch joint degree in innovation economics, law and regulation
May 2, 2023
Student Spotlight: Stephanie Moran (MDR Class of 2024)
April 25, 2023