About USC Gould
USC Gould is a top-ranked law school with a 120-year history and reputation for academic excellence. We are located on the beautiful 228-acre USC University Park Campus, just south of downtown Los Angeles.
Learn about our interdisciplinary curriculum, experiential learning opportunities and specialized areas.
USC Gould helps prepare you for a stellar legal career. You can pursue a JD degree, one of our numerous graduate and international offerings, or an online degree or certificate.
Participate in an unparalleled learning experience with diversity of people and thought. Get involved in the law school community and participate in activities that enhance your studies.
We work closely with students, graduates and employers to support successful career goals and outcomes. Our overall placement rate is consistently strong, with 94 percent of our JD class employed within 10 months after graduation.
Our faculty is distinguished for its scholarship, as well as for its commitment to teaching. Our 12:1 student-to-faculty ratio creates an intimate and collegial learning environment.
- Alumni and Giving
Presentations and Papers
USC Gould School of Law
- CENTER FOR TRANSNATIONAL LAW AND BUSINESS (CTLB)
- WHO WE ARE
- EDUCATIONAL PROGRAMS
- COMPETITION REGULATORY AGENCY REVIEW AND EVALUATION PROJECT
- DIGITAL COMPETITION IN THE AMERICAS STUDY GROUP
- CTLB INTERNATIONAL AFFILIATED SCHOLARS
- ITA STRATEGIC PARTNERSHIP
- PAST CONFERENCES
- PRESENTATIONS AND PAPERS
- 2022 CHINA SUMMIT ON GLOBAL MERGERS
Expertise in Action
- June 24, 2021: CTLB hosted virtual panel discussion with academic and expert practitioners on global environment, social and governance ("ESG") issues.
- March 17, 2021: Participated in panel discussion on the globalization of the digital economy and its impact on the California economy to group of Southern California businesses and foreign diplomats at event hosted by the Los Angeles Area Chamber of Commerce Global Initiatives Council.
- February 23, 2021: Participant in roundtable discussion with Mexico’s Under Secretary for North America, Roberto Velasco, Consul General Marcela Celorio, and senior Mexican Consulate officials on business opportunities created and expanded under the U.S.-Mexico-Canada Free Trade Agreement ("USMCA").
- February 17, 2021: Presentation on global trade policy issues and outlook for 2021 to group of Southern California businesses and foreign diplomats at event hosted by the Los Angeles Area Chamber of Commerce Global Initiatives Council.
- February 10, 2021: CTLB launched Digital Competition in the Americas study group consisting of leading practitioner experts from Argentina, Brazil, Canada, Chile, Colombia, Mexico and Peru that meets monthly to discuss trends and developments in antitrust enforcement in the digital and tech sectors.
- February 9, 2021: Presentation on the impact of the Brexit agreement, status of implementation and remaining issues after going into effect at event hosted by Loyola Marymount University Center for International Business Education.
- January 28, 2021: Featured speaker on the new Biden Administration’s trade policy for virtual webinar event hosted by the Los Angeles World Affairs Council.
- December 7, 2020: Panelist for webinar discussion hosted by U.S. Department of Commerce on strategies to protect intellectual property rights in foreign markets for start-ups.
- November 18, 2020: Presentation on key global developments in international trade during 2020 to group of Southern California businesses and foreign diplomats at event hosted by the Los Angeles Area Chamber of Commerce.
- October 29, 2020: CTLB directors gave presentations and participated in a roundtable discussion on U.S. trade policy towards China and the Asia-Pacific region under the next Administration in a virtual event co-hosted with the USC U.S.-China Institute.
- October 21, 2020: In response to a request from Los Angeles Mayor Garcetti's Office, gave a presentation to a delegation of U.S. and Vietnamese businesses about trade and investment opportunities between the two countries at a virtual trade mission from Vietnam.
- October 14, 2020: Presenter and panelist for webinar discussion hosted by California Governor Newsom's Office on new enhanced export opportunities for small and medium-sized businesses to Canada and Mexico under the new U.S.-Mexico-Canada Free Trade Agreement (USMCA).
- September 2020: Provided international trade policy-related briefings to Korean and New Zealand consular officials in Los Angeles.
- August 27, 2020: Moderated a panel discussion with the Canadian Consul General, Political/Economic Consul and business representatives on Canada-California trade opportunities under the United States-Mexico-Canada Agreement (USMCA).
- June 11, 2020: Participated in a roundtable discussion on the U.S. Department of Justice (DOJ) China Initiative’s impact on U.S.-China bilateral trade, hosted by the USC U.S.-China Institute.
- June 2, 2020: In response to a request from the New Zealand Embassy, provided a briefing for the New Zealand Ambassador to the U.S. and Deputy Ambassador on the future of U.S. trade policy in the Asia/Pacific region after the election, the trajectory of the U.S.-China trade relationship, and the future of the World Trade Organization (WTO).
- January 27, 2020: Invited to and participated in a small private roundtable discussion with Dr. Jesus Seade from Mexico’s Ministry of Foreign Affairs and Chief Negotiator for the USMCA, as well as former WTO Deputy Director General to discuss the USMCA and WTO reform.
- January 23, 2020: Invited to and participated in California Trade Policy Summit in Sacramento attended by government officials, business executives and think tanks.
- January 9, 2020: Hosted and moderated workshop in Washington, D.C. that brought together a small group of government officials, academics, policy makers and practitioners to develop proposals through a roundtable discussion for utilizing international trade agreements/conventions as a model to address the major challenges and mitigate the risks of the jurisdictional thicket created by the over 130 antitrust/competition regulatory jurisdictions around the world that companies face globally (e.g., lack of due process and transparency standards).
- November 16, 2019: Presentation on "U.S.-Japan Trade Relationship" to group of educators at an event hosted by the Japan Society of New York.
- November 15, 2019: Presentation on the impact of China’s One Belt One Road Initiative on U.S. trade policy and U.S. ports to Port of Long Beach and City of Long Beach officials.
- November 6, 2019: Panelist for discussion on trade and business opportunities in Japan at the 2019 Get Global Conference in Long Beach, Calif.
- November 5, 2019: CTLB hosted Lunch Talk Series presentation by USC Lecturer in Law Janis Penton on "Fundamentals of Fintech."
- October 28, 2019: Provided briefing on current U.S. trade policy to New Zealand Deputy Ambassador to U.S.
- October 25, 2019: Provided briefing on current and future trends of U.S. trade policy to the Lead Advisor of the New Zealand Ministry of Foreign Affairs & Trade Americas Division.
- October 8, 2019: CTLB hosted and led working session/panel discussion at the 2019 WTO Public Forum in Geneva on: "Adapting to the changing global economy: Time to consider new WTO rules to address trade barriers arising from competition/antitrust regulatory regimes?"
- August 16, 2019: Presentation on the impact of the Japan – South Korea national security-related trade dispute with regard to WTO rules and the multilateral trading system to a roundtable discussion of foreign policy and political science scholars hosted by Loyola Marymount University’s Global Policy Institute.
- July 24, 2019: Presentation on "Exporting Basics" to group of small and medium-size businesses at Cal Asian Chamber Export Forum.
- July 16, 2019: Presentation on U.S. trade policy and the role/impact of tariffs as a policy tool to group of corporate government relations and policy executives hosted by the L.A. Chamber of Commerce Policy Committee.
- June 7, 2019: Presentation on "The Effect of the U.S.-China Trade Friction on IP Right Holders in California," to group of Southern California companies at the China IP Road Show hosted by the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office.
- June 5, 2019: Presentation on current status of U.S.-China trade tensions to Chinese and California business delegations at the China-California Business Forum hosted by the Chinese Consulate in Los Angeles and the Los Angeles Regional Export Council.
- May 21, 2019: Presentation on "Going Around the World in Trade – Current Developments" as keynote speaker at the Port of Hueneme’s Annual World Trade Week event.
- April 19, 2019: Panelist for discussion on U.S.-China Relations: "Opportunities and Implications for Cross-Border Business and Investment" at the 2019 Wilber K. Woo Greater China Business Conference hosted by the UCLA Anderson School of Management.
- March 7, 2019: Hosted Lunch Talk Series presentation by Google Senior Competition Counsel Michael Lawrence on "The European Commission's Android Decision: Do Consumers Really Win If Google Must Abandon Its Smartphone Business Model?"
- February 22, 2019: CTLB co-sponsored and hosted a conference "Reforming Patent Reform" featuring U.S. Patent and Trademark Office Director Andrei Iancu with USC Gould’s Media, Entertainment and Technology Law Program.
- January 31, 2019: Presentation on "Understanding Tariffs, Anti-dumping and Countervailing Duties," to group of businesses, exporters, and foreign diplomats at Long Beach Area Chamber of Commerce.
- January 30, 2019: Presentation on "U.S. Trade Policy v. China's Trade Policy: Compromise or Confrontation," at Loyola Marymount University's Global Policy Institute.
- November 14, 2018: Briefing on key international trade-related developments in 2018 to businesses and foreign diplomats at LA Chamber of Commerce.
- November 9, 2018: Presentation on the impact of US-China trade war to Port of Long Beach and City of Long Beach officials.
- October 18, 2018: CTLB hosted a Breakfast Roundtable on the EU-US Trade and Economic Relationship with a presentation by EU Economic Minister Counselor Moreno Bertoldi.
- October 11, 2018: Participated in panel discussion on international trade-related regulatory compliance issues at Tax & Trade Compliance Conference hosted by USC Marshall School of Business.
- October 9, 2018: Briefing on U.S. trade policy to New Zealand Deputy Ambassador Subritzky.
- September 25, 2018: Briefing with visiting Vietnamese government and business delegation on the necessary regulatory reforms and strengthening of IPR in Vietnam to meet standards of the CPTPP.
- August 30, 2018: Presentation on U.S.-China trade tensions, impact on global trade and the WTO; participated as panelist in subsequent discussion at event hosted by USC U.S.-China Institute.
- August 9, 2018: Presentation on U.S.-China trade tensions; participated as panelist in subsequent discussion at event hosted by City and Port of Long Beach.
- August 7, 2018: Invited to and participated in Milken Institute-hosted discussion on developing California’s trade policy for next governor with state government officials, legislators, business executives and policy makers.
- June 21, 2018: Presentation on "Made in China 2025" program to group of businesses, U.S. and foreign government officials at LA Chamber of Commerce.
- June 1, 2018: CTLB hosted the U.S.-Korea Economic and Trade Relationship Conference – included presentation of bilateral policy proposals for digital trade and competition policy. With regard to competition policy, submitted the following proposals to Korea Foundation for consideration by Korean Government.
- May 10, 2018: Presentation on international trade policy dynamics in Asia-Pacific region hosted by New Zealand Consulate to group of New Zealand trade officials stationed in the Americas – at request of New Zealand Foreign Ministry, submitted presentation to capitol.
- April 25, 2018: Presentation and briefing on U.S. trade policy and its impact on EU to group of EU Consul Generals and Trade Consuls.
- April 16, 2018: Presentation on U.S. trade policy towards China – analysis of U.S. administration concerns and proposed measures to group of businesses and Chinese Consulate officials.
- March 15, 2018: Co-sponsored and hosted International ADR Conference with USC Gould School of Law Center for Dispute Resolution.
- March 13, 2018: Presentation on U.S. tariffs affecting Korean products and KORUS FTA amendments, at Korean Consulate to group of businesses and government officials.
- February 21, 2018: Inaugural Lunch Talk Series – Topic: Google and Antitrust Law in the Global Marketplace: How U.S. and EU Differences Create Challenges for Tech Companies.
Q&A with Kelsey McGregor (JD 2015)
September 27, 2022
Kelsey McGregor, counsel at WilmerHale, is working for six months as a senior supervising attorney for USC Gould's IHRC
Diverse, talented class continues trend of scholarly achievement and professional impact
This fall’s Graduate and International Programs include new social work certificates